Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5g (SM-N976V) from 2019 does not support 5G
QUEENDIVA72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one who feel robbed by Verizon for knowingly selling their customers Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus /5G and we can't use them. I just switched my plan to a 5G plan only to find out it's never going to work on my Note 10 Plus/ 5G though Verizon have been Lying about it being available for 2 years. Now Verizon want all of us to buy a new phone to replace the the 5G phone we all bought 2 years ago thinking it was 5G then because they advertised it. IS VERIZON KIDDING ME? They have become as greedy as Netflix, AT&T, and all of the others. The FCC sit back and allow it. It's time that as customers we make Verizon get a clue and stop lying to sell their phones. This need to go PUBLIC. No customer who bought their 5G phones in 2019 should have to pay for another one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QUEENDIVA72, doing business with integrity is a priority. The device is capable of 5G UW. 5G UW locations can be identified on the following https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ coverage map. The device will work on 5G UW as long as the phone is in a UW coverage area and has the 5G plan/features. We can troubleshoot if there are problems with using the cellular service on the phone for calls, text, and data. We hope this information helps.

-David

mama23dogs
Legend

@QUEENDIVA72 wrote:

I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one who feel robbed by Verizon for knowingly selling their customers Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus /5G and we can't use them. I just switched my plan to a 5G plan only to find out it's never going to work on my Note 10 Plus/ 5G though Verizon have been Lying about it being available for 2 years. Now Verizon want all of us to buy a new phone to replace the the 5G phone we all bought 2 years ago thinking it was 5G then because they advertised it. IS VERIZON KIDDING ME? They have become as greedy as Netflix, AT&T, and all of the others. The FCC sit back and allow it. It's time that as customers we make Verizon get a clue and stop lying to sell their phones. This need to go PUBLIC. No customer who bought their 5G phones in 2019 should have to pay for another one.

Still not true.   The note 10+ 5g Sold by Verizon was the first 5G device sold. It is capable of connecting to the earliest 5G network, ultra wide band,  that was available in major cities all over the United States in 2019.   If you don’t happen to live in one of those major cities you aren’t connecting to Ultra Wideband.   Newer 5G phones have different 5G options for millimeter wave as well as ultra band.  There was no millimeterwave available in 2019, it would’ve been pointless to put millimeterwave on the note 10+ because there was no network for it to connect to yet.

I actually am able to connect in downtown Hartford Connecticut with my Note 10+ 5G just fine.  It was too darn cold and unpleasant to stop and do a speed test.  When the weather improves, I will do so.  And prove I’m using my note 10+ 5G

if you do not live near major city, you are not near any place with Ultra Wideband 5G.  

0 Likes