Samsung Note 3 reception problems.
LarryDMaloney
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a lot of trouble with the reception with my Samsung Note 3, it seems the reception continues to get worse the longer I have the phone.  I have trouble in my office and also in my car.  My fellow co-workers have no problem with their cell phones at work and they have I-phones and use AT&T.  I wasn't sure if my issue is my phone or my carrier?  My work zip code is 65737 and home is 65631.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 3 reception problems.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LarryDMaloney, phone coverage are crucial these days. Let's get this fixed right away so you can have a peace of mind. We've checked the area and see that there is good coverage. Zip code 65737 has area of opportunities more down to the south. When did this start? What are you specifically experiencing with the service such as voice/text/data?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
njdan30
Enthusiast - Level 2

it isn't just you the note 3 from verizon for some reason has horrible signal compared to my note 2 ,note 4,s3,s4,s5,s6 and iphones 5,5c,5s,and 6plus, they all get very similar service coverage except the note 3 which signal is usually non existent. The funny thing with the verizon note 3 is signal works fine when i put another non verizon based sim in such as a small regional carrier sim from nTelos PCS which basically a sprint based company,after setting the apn settings it gets good signal and 3g service(i know lte wont work) but with verizon sim gets zero or very very low signal.ive tested many sim cards from verizon and verizon based carriers such as page plus straight talk selectel and many other any verizon mvno with same low results.ive tried factory resets battery pulls upgrades wtc you name it ive tried it to no avail.everything short of opening the phone and replacing parts which if i thought would help i would do.has anyone have any helpful info?i currently own all the models listed for me and my wife in kids and tried all sims in this phone and sim from this in all those so its not the sim cards must be hardware or software related with the verizon sim installed.

0 Likes
njdan30
Enthusiast - Level 2

ive also wanted to mention ive tried verizon sims in other note 3s that were orignally from uscelluar and sprint that were unlocked and they even get better signal then the 2 verizon note 3s i have,the areas i am having issues are 23936,22901,23022 all the other phones work great

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information, njdan30. I see you have done quite a bit of work so far. Does service improve in other areas at all?

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
njdan30
Enthusiast - Level 2

22901 is Charlottesville Virginia (the city sorta)works better there then 23936 (dillwyn)where I reside. I popped my sum out sick it in my wife's note 5 and get decent signal 4g lte but the note 3 zip, tried in another Verizon note 3 same thing zero tried on my old s3 and many more worked OK is just the two note 3s for some reason .I bought these new they both look like the day I bought em since they never really used, I hate my s6 since most the features I like are missing like sd card, ability to hook to my TV via the hdmi cable etc and lack of s pen. Wish I could do something to get one of these working. All the other phones I have are for my kids (8 kids)and my wife.

0 Likes
njdan30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I meant Sim card and stuck in other phones, gotta love auto correct. But these two note 3s get better in very small areas,but when I insert another carrier Sim that's a sister company to sprint (ugh hate them )and set apns it works good that's the crazy thing

0 Likes
LarryDMaloney
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing this problem ever since I started my new job in this area in November 2015.  I have trouble with all areas of my phone voice, text and data.  Especially voice, I can hardly ever receive or make calls and when I am traveling in my car from home to work I am continually dropping calls.  This is very frustrating especially when my co-workers seen to have no problems at all with other carriers in the area.  Please advise on weather a different phone will help resolve this issue or if I need a new carrier?  I have contacted Samsung directly and they have walked me through resetting my Note 3 however this did not help the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand how frustrating this would be. I want your services to work flawlessly wherever you are. I know you mentioned others without troubles. Are any other Verizon Wireless users having trouble there as well? Have you replaced your SIM card at all?

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes
LarryDMaloney
Enthusiast - Level 2

My fellow co-workers do not use Verizon they use ATT&T.  No I have not replaced the SIM card.

0 Likes