Samsung Note 4 Camera Failed
Matnean

Just received my Note 4 and set it up. Camera does not work. It says Camera Failed. I turned device off and back on, forced stop on camera and cleared, no software updates are available. Really don't want to do factory reset with hours invested in setting up. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Note 4 Camera Failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Matnean,

The camera function is definitely important so I totally understand your concern. Let's get to the bottom of this and get your camera working right.

When are you getting the camera failed error? Have you ever been able to use the camera since you purchased the phone? Any damage physical or liquid damage on the phone?

Try running the phone in safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121765/ and retest the camera. If you are able to use the camera in safe mode without getting the error, the issue is due to a 3rd party app. You will then need to start uninstalling the 3rd party apps one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Matnean,

The camera function is definitely important so I totally understand your concern. Let's get to the bottom of this and get your camera working right.

When are you getting the camera failed error? Have you ever been able to use the camera since you purchased the phone? Any damage physical or liquid damage on the phone?

Try running the phone in safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121765/ and retest the camera. If you are able to use the camera in safe mode without getting the error, the issue is due to a 3rd party app. You will then need to start uninstalling the 3rd party apps one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Matnean

Thank you for the reply. I did as instructed – I started the Note 4 in safe made and then tried to open the camera. I still have the same issue. The error message says “camera failed.” If I click on the camera icon again it says “ Unfortunately, camera has stopped.” The phone has not been dropped or wet. It came out of the box this way upon receipt on Wednesday of this week. What else can I try? I am hoping not to have to return the phone. Andrea

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Matnean-

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I'm here to help! Let's get to the bottom of this. Please Private Message me for additional assistance.

AyaniB_VZW
0 Likes
Matnean

How do I do that? Andrea

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes