Re: Samsung Note 4 update issues
STEDIE57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ann154

I had installed that upgrade on Jan 29th.

Guess we have to wait until Feb 28th?

0 Likes
DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may need to reformat your SD card too. Perhaps that will get it working again.?

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

All

I am sorry to report that the fix I had applied, which I had mentioned in previous posts, only worked for a couple of weeks. I wish I had better news, but the fact is, I have again removed the SD card from my Note 4 in efforts to maintain functionality.

I truly wish Samsung & Verizon would help us out here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update. We're still here and we want to get this fixed for you. Have you tried mount the current SD card you have? Have you tried to replace the SD card? 

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have unmounted and remounted the card; as well as formatted the card a couple of times. It may be worth repeating that the card also works fine in my laptop; and that this issue began at the time of the N910VVRS2CPL1 update in December of 2016.

I strongly believe this interference is a result of the update and I would prefer to continue using the same card, in lieu of spending another $50 on another card; or not being able to use external storage at all.

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Verizon customer support

I attribute the malfunctioning of my Galaxy note 4 to the N910VVRS2CPL1 update released in December of 2016.

The hardship I endured as a result is as follows:

• I've visited an in-store Samsung representative three times to re-flash the device
  • I've performed a factory reset; as such I've had to reinstall apps, lost some contacts and data...
  • I've spent too much time (several hours) trying to rectify this issue

I respectfully ask you, who is responsible for implementing the last two updates to the Galaxy Note 4; specifically the one at the end of December 2016 (listed above) and the other at the end of January 2017 (N910VVRS2CQA1)?

I have long been a customer of Verizon, to the tune of $500+/month, and also Samsung (owning multiple devices throughout the years). You're answer to my question above will help me to decide who I will be discontinuing all relations with.

I earnestly await your response.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DANDR8813 wrote:

I respectfully ask you, who is responsible for implementing the last two updates to the Galaxy Note 4; specifically the one at the end of December 2016 (listed above) and the other at the end of January 2017 (N910VVRS2CQA1)?

That's an easy answer. SAMSUNG.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STEDIE57
Enthusiast - Level 2

A 'quick reformat' didn't do any good, however a complete reformat was necessary.  It appears that the 'directory structure' changed internally, including the name assignment for the SD card.

It's hard to believe that the developers were unaware of the likely impacts (especially if a test installs were performed).

Noting the need for users to take action in the upgrade directions would have been nice too.

Hopefully functionality will last longer than several weeks like you DANDR8813.

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two additional updates since December 2016 and still having issues with the Note 4 Micro SD card.  Third update applied just yesterday and no functionality improvement.

Very disappointed and discouraged.

DANDR8813
Enthusiast - Level 3

GREAT!!! Now that I've received another update (N910VVRS2CQB2) to my Note 4, at the end of February, I can no longer view any videos. I no longer am using my $50 SD memory card because of the issues mentioned in previous threads; and now I cannot view videos in my device storage or from Dropbox.???

I am growing thoroughly discouraged!