Samsung Note 7 recall
BRIYAN87

I went into the Corbin Park Verizon store on Sunday September 11 and told them that I wanted to get a loaner phone per Samsung website until the new Note 7 comes in.  I was told that they had no knowledge that Verizon was going to allow that option.  They said they could exchange my phone for a Galaxy 7, or Galaxy 7 edge or get a refund.  I was told by the store manager that I should just hang on to my phone until the new Note 7 comes in.  He said he saw it as a low risk hanging onto the phone.  He said I could check back later in the week and maybe something will change.

So my question is will Verizon give a loaner phone until the new Note 7 comes in?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Note 7 recall
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIYAN8, your safety is our top priority. I would recommend turning off the phone and returning it as soon as possible. We do not provide loaner phones but you can get a different phone at no cost and once the revised Note 7 arrive, you can go back to that one with no fees. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Many have said this in this forum and just to be helpful I will repeat it here:

Please find a Verizon Store using the Verizon Store locator page and check the box "do not include Authorized Retailers".

You will have a very different experience. I got my loaner at one such 'corporate-store' and the reps were knowledgeable, polite, courteous and most accommodating. Made for a painless experience. Give it a try.

0 Likes
kenquig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Took mine to the local corporate store.  After they dropped my phone on their hard desk and put a small crack in the back, they told me they could not take it without the box and everything that came in it.  The notice I saw said bring your device in.  They are treating it like a return and not a recall.  I do not know where my charger and headphones are since I never used them.

I still have my phone and am still paying for it but cannot turn it on.

0 Likes
kenquig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly mine were rude, had no clue what to do, did not take my phone, damaged my phone, and the manager ended up turning his back to me and walked into his office.  Much different experience.

I still have my phone and am still paying for it, although I cannot use it.

This was a corporate store.

0 Likes
Casper711

This is the email I got from Sammy today:

Read for an important update regarding your Galaxy Note7 Your safety remains our top priority

As part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016. 

The company received approval for its exchange program from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and has announced an official U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7. We strongly advise all customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices to replace their current device with a new device under the terms of the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program. 

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can: 

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC; or 2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or 3. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

Details can be found at   www.samsung.com/us/note7recall  or contact us toll-free at   1-844-365-6197 , 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIYAN8, your safety is our top priority. I would recommend turning off the phone and returning it as soon as possible. We do not provide loaner phones but you can get a different phone at no cost and once the revised Note 7 arrive, you can go back to that one with no fees. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is absolutely concerning to hear that you had troubles returning your phone, kenquig. What store is it that you were returning the device to? It is top priority that you are able to complete the return.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenquig,you deserve to have a great experience at the store location. I regret to hear about this. Let's get you the right information. Customers with recalled Galaxy Note7 devices attempting to return them should not be required to have original packaging or materials (charger, product manuals, cables, etc.). Customers are not responsible for any physical damage and should always be offered a refund/exchange.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

That store manager gave you bad information.  You should not be holding on to a phone that is a safety hazard and has been recalled. It isn't safe for you, your family or your property. First off make sure you go to a Corporate Store not a retail store. Second, there were no "loaner" phones, I traded mine for an S7 Edge paid the $7 state sales tax (since I pre-ordered my Note 7 online) and was set to pay the $33 per month until the Note 7 reappeared. When I traded for the S7 Edge both representatives I talked to assured me that rather it was one week or 6 months I could still trade back to the Note 7 once the "Safe" model was released. I only hope they don't sell out before I can get there on the night of the 21st

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Got mine last night at about 10 PM. The store was busy and it was a three hour wait, but I now have a Note 7 again. Took three hours of waiting and no $25 bill credit or accessories but I have a green battery icon.

0 Likes