Samsung Note10+ wireless charging stopped working. Any idea ?
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I have a Verizon Note 10+. I am a big user of Wireless charging, I have them all over my home and even in my office.  I reset "settings" it started wireless charging then it stopped. Figuring a config issue, I did a factory reset on the phone, then reinstalled all my apps.

It still does not work, The phone was dropped in a CASE at one point so there is crack on the back of the phone, this happened like 8-9 months ago, never had an issue with wireless changing till about a week or 2 ago.

Wireless charging and Power share does not work at all.

It's in the time frame of the last update on the phone but, I am sure it's something else.

Anyone else having issues ? And any idea how to actually fix this, I did a full factory reset already...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note10+ wireless charging stopped working. Any idea ?
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

So, I contacted Verizon... As of timing of this issue, that it came back as update. Verizon said, if you think it's a update issue, call Samsung, as they made the update... What ?  I have insurance and extended warranty on my account but, I still have to call the manufacture ?

I contacted Samsung, normal stuff, did you do this ? Did you hard reset? blah blah blah....  Already did all this.  They said, I need to bring it to a approved SAMSUNG service center (closest place is about 1 hour+ away from my house). The Note 10+ would be out of warranty by this point so I asked, how much will it cost ? A minimum of $50 to look at it but, if it needs repair, they will tell you before they do any work. 

So I tried to day, dropped on a wireless charger, it worked, great, pulled it off, did somethings, come back to my desk, nothing happens when I drop it on the charger...  

I guess now, unless Verizon is actually going to something, I will be going to the underground(hacked sites) to find an official firmware and re-apply the past one if I can. 

I still feel it's a software issue, no reply here so I assume no one is using this phone, or does not have the issue... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that your device is charging properly is key. We're here to guide you through troubleshooting or possible repair/replacement options. You mentioned the device was dropped, while there is no visible damage, it could have led to the current problem. No worries, we'll help you sort this out. Have you tried different wireless chargers? Is your device covered with device protection should it need to be replaced or repaired?  -Rita K.

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

The phone fell IN A CASE on the corner and the back of the phone cracked, it kind spidered across the lower back. This happened well over 8 months ago, wireless charging was working fine after that happened.  I have not investigated fixing because it's a different case now and I don't really see it.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I took update on my phone, after this wireless charging has not worked correctly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's very hit or miss.  Like right now, I dropped it on a Wireless charger, nothing will happen, yesterday for a while it was working.  I have tried 6 different QI based chargers, I have tried OTHER devices that support QI charging and they worked fine. It's not charger, it's the phone. 

I did a factory reset, wiped everything, and rebuilt everything, there has been no change. It's still hit or miss. 

Replacing the phone with insurance requires a $200 deductible (that is NUTS) the phone does work, the flashing of the newest update broke it. I can see $200 on a BRAND NEW phone but, 3-4 models behind, should be a lot less.  If it was like $75-100 I would think about it. 

I have no need for a replacement phone, the phone works fine, the OLED screen is NOT BURNED IN, the software/firmware that was updated broke it, I would like to roll the software back the past version.  

Paying $200, or paying Samsung $50 JUST TO LOOK at a phone, is crazy... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customer1234567, thanks for those details. I totally understand how you feel, a broken phone is never fun. However, our goal is for you to always have a phone you are happy with. Please respond to this private note, so I can assist you better. -Dia

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Just so everyone knows, Verizon has been pretty much worthless here.  My only option with them is to get an insurance replacement, EVEN THOUGH it's a update Verizon has to approve before releasing, that broke my phone.

Even so, I tried to go on line and do the insurance. 

If I select "Damaged" and select "Cracked screen" OR "Minor cosmetic damage" I will get the error of "Your Verizon program provides coverage for damage that prevents the device from functioning correctly."

If I select "Malfunction" and select "Not working properly", it will give me an error of "The malfunction failure you described is likely a device defect or malfunction outside of your warranty period. Please contact Verizon at 1-800-922-0204 for alternate replacement options."

According to the insurance company, Verizon should be taken care of it as I have coverage, even if the screen is cracked (the back cover is), or it's not working correctly. Funny how this works.

What does Verizon do, NOTHING at all, Your out of luck, even though, it's an Verizon approved update that broke my phone..

That is quality customer service right there..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. It saddens us to hear that you haven't received the assistance needed for your device's cracked screen. We certainly don't want you to feel this way about Verizon and we'd like to turn this around.

I've experienced cracked screens with some of the devices on my account (I have younger phone users). There is a solution to this matter. Please visit our website to view more info at http://spr.ly/6604JYRIi. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. -Robert C.

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Again, this device DOES NOT HAVE A CRACKED SCREEN. The screen is perfect.

It's the BACK that has a crack, it's cosmetic thing. The crack on the back HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY WIRELESS CHARGING STOPPED.  AGAIN FOR THE 20th time. 

This damage happened 8-9 months ago. Wireless charging worked fine till the last update.

You guys really do not listen, I have only said this via private message 15-20 times now....

0 Likes