Samsung accessories
creepyrumrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

This recall has been beyond frustrating. While not Verizon's fault at all, I'm hoping to get some assistance. I have been a long time Samsung fan and decided to purchase several accessories for my Note. I have the new Gear VR, the Gear S watch, and the samsung wireless charging base. All of which only work with Samsung. I have a hard time accepting a downgrade to the S7 to tie me up for 2 more years of payments just to keep using these. Will there be any refund or buy back for Samsung accessories if replacing the phone for a comparable product like the Pixel or IPhone 7?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung accessories
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We understand how this process has been frustrating. We want everything to go smoothly for you from here. We are allowing our customers who purchase accessories made specifically for the Note7 to return them. You can get more information about the recall process here http://vz.to/2dtomOj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm curious how this turns out for you. I think Verizon is offering some type of credit for immediate accessories for the Note 7; screen protectors, cables, cases etc. If you only recently purchased the VR and Gear S2 you could return them if you are within the return period.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We understand how this process has been frustrating. We want everything to go smoothly for you from here. We are allowing our customers who purchase accessories made specifically for the Note7 to return them. You can get more information about the recall process here http://vz.to/2dtomOj

0 Likes
ANGELAROMPRE

I have seen where they will refund you for purchases only through Verizon. Most of us choose to buy 3rd party due to lower pricing. So what happens to us.  I'm guessing we gave to eat our cost or down grade to be able to continue to use our Gear watch and other accesories

0 Likes
cmancino
Enthusiast - Level 1

i purchased a case and glass protector THROUGH verizon and am being told I will only receive a $25.00 credit for the accessories which equaled $100.. The phone tech said he understands its frustrating but thats just how verizon is dealing with it this time around. I'm [Removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TIMBRO65

The link you provided just says that they will refund us dor our Accessories purchased however it does not give us further instruction on how to do so. It says we need to exchange our phone through the Verizon website. Is it the same process for my accessories?  What if i do not havr the original box for the VR headgear?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're talking about the Gear S2, it should work across different android phones and not just Samsung.

0 Likes
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

TIMBRO65,

We understand this situation has been confusing and difficult for everyone. Let’s clear up the confusion. Did or do you plan to exchange your device for another Samsung device? Which model do you plan on using? The VR headset is compatible with other Samsung devices and will not need to be exchanged. Did you purchase the VR from us directly?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TIMBRO65

Hi Jennelle I purchase tbe VR headgear and phone cases specifically for the note 7. I plan on exchanging my phone but I am not sure what I will exchange it for.

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate you working with us and providing all of the details. It's important to us that you are aware of what the next best steps are for the accessories.

We are crediting any Note 7 exclusive accessories within 1-2 bill cycles and that this point in time, they do not have to be returned. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I want to thank you for your patience throughout this process and please reach back out for any additional questions or concerns you may have.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes