Samsung or Verizon Cloud for Backup
netmation

Use Samsung phones on Verizon network.  Any opinions on which of the cloud services are better for backing up phones (Samsung or Verizon).  Ease of use, reliable, ease to recover if necessary?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung or Verizon Cloud for Backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Both are great platforms to store your information. You can definitely do both! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Neither; I'd go with Google and/or Microsoft, neither are phone/carrier specific.

netmation

Aren't there advantages to going with a phone/carrier specific service.  I just want something that knows my phone and will back up it in entirety, and allow for an easy restore to a new device should something happen (breakage/stolen).  Something that will not require me to spend a days figuring out how to do it.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

For what you're looking for, I'd go with Google.

Back Up/Restore Data Via Google

bearone21
Legend

i use i-cloud.

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

I’m with tikibar.   Google does backup and sync easily.  If you change brands or carriers, you have to rescue your back up as neither will carry over easily to another brand device, and you lose carrier back ups as soon as you change carriers.  

Google back up works on anything.  

0 Likes
netmation

OK, went to "Backup and Reset" on the Android phone and turned it on, and selected my Google account.  I assume it is now getting backed up?  Not much feedback given as to what is happening?

Can you back up another device to the same Google Account?  What if one has a phone and a tablet?  Should you create another Google Account just for the Tablet?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to visit the What Gets Backed Up section at the link provided earlier.

If you didn't notice it in the earlier link, you'll also want to turn on Photo/Video backup; be sure to have it back up only over wi-fi unless you want to incur major data charges.

Back Up Photos/Videos

No, you don't need a separate Google account for every device; you can see which devices are being backed up in your Google Drive account under Backups.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our photos are our memories netmation, so we want to be sure they are protected. You may use our Verizon Cloud in conjunction with any other back up service. You can find out more here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/ Does this help?

RosanneM_VZW