Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Screen Name
legslujack

Just a newbie to this forum. When you finish a comment or response, what buttons do you press to enter your screen name from your profile?

Thank you for any response in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Screen Name
cox1465

Your screen name automatically shows up...It only shows your full name to you....We see the screen name

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cox1465

Your screen name automatically shows up...It only shows your full name to you....We see the screen name

0 Likes
legslujack

Thanks for your response. I did notice this a few minutes later as the name did not change right away. I refreshed the screen a couple of times.

Just one more question. In order to send an e-mail with a response as a heads up, I take it you click on the @ below. Can you please confirm what else needs to be done so I know it worked properly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Like this?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
legslujack

Sorry Ann, not sure what your reply is advising. When I click the "a" character in blue, it opens a box - Select a user to mention. Can you just advise what are my last steps after replying to ensure an e-mail is forwarded to the individual you are replying to as a backup.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Your  screen name is automatically listed as the creator of the post.

Perhaps this will explain the @ symbol.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can't guarantee that an e-mail will be sent to an individual as a backup.  Yes, you can Mention someone as Ann154 said, but unless that individual has their preferences set to receive e-mail notification of Mentions, they won't receive one.

legslujack

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

legslujack,

Welcome to our forums! I know it’s important to know how to navigate through the site and not miss the replies. I’m glad you were able to have your questions answered by the community; they’ve pointed you in the right direction for both inquiries. Let us know if you have any additional concerns.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
legslujack

Thank you.

0 Likes