Screen goes dark while typing password.
dl54

Since recent Samsung upgrade, screen goes dark so quickly that it's difficult to get the password entered in time to unlock phone. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Screen goes dark while typing password.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dl54

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your device and the new software. Software updates are designed to enhance features and function overall, we don't want this to take away from it. Not to worry, we can help fix this. All you have to do is go to Settings>Display>Screen timeout>change to desired setting.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
DaMamba
Enthusiast - Level 1

That doesn't work. Has nothing to do with the problem. When the screen is locked and you hit the home button the unlock screen appears for only a few seconds and goes black ....sometimes before the keyboard appears and almost always before you can type in your password. The solution you offer is only of use if the phone is unlocked and it's timing out after inactivity

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
My apologies, DaMamba! We'll work to get this resolved. Thanks for clarifying what's happening with your device. Please put your phone in Safe Mode, and see if you still experience this problem. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88613/ We'll get this narrowed down and resolved in no time!
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dialtone30019
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the exact same issue as the OP. Very frustrating when you can't even type one character of the unlock code. Sometimes after unlocking and I swipe down to clear some notifications, the phone goes black and locks. Sometimes it unlocks and lets me start to do something (i.e. Internet, gallery, camera, etc.) and wham, it goes black and locks before whatever apps finishes loading. Sometimes it locks after the app loads. And sometimes it doesn't.

This is almost as bad as the "Unfortunately, Contacts has Stopped" every single time I open the Phone App. I have a entry for that issue, so don't address that one here. Please go read it in the Android Forum. Titled "Phone closes with Contacts Stopped eror"  Hmmmm, Looks like I need spelling lessons.

0 Likes
dialtone30019
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I looked through the other list of complaints/issues in this "Note 3" forum, I saw where someone made a suggestion to Wipe the  Device Cache.  I followed the instructions and my phone app issue went away. Smiley Happy Maybe this will also correct the locking screen issue I have experienced randomly.

Wipe Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
DaMamba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the suggestion of wiping the cache partition. The black out issue seems to happen less often. Will let you know if it goes away completely

0 Likes
dialtone30019
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went most of today without having the lock screen blank out before I could start typing the pass code. Then for about 5 minutes this evening, I again had the problem fight me. Clearing the Cache Partition did solve my problem with not being able to make phone calls.

0 Likes
Schwaaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have that problem while typing in a bunch of numbers like credit card number while I'm on a call

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes