Screen problem on Note 9
Georgeplg

When I make a phone call and have the phone up to my ear my cheek is apparently hitting buttons. Is there a way to deactivate the screen when it is up to my ear?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen problem on Note 9
d0x360
Enthusiast - Level 3

It depends on the dialer app being used.  I don't think you can disable it in the default Samsung app.  It happens because the light sensor on the front of the phone thinks you have pulled the phone away from your head and turns the screen on so you can press buttons.

You could disable power button to hang up and then after you answer the call and place it to your head hit power to shut off the screen.  That might do the trick.

You could also use another dialer from the play store that has more options than Samsung's.  Drupal is a good one but it's also expensive for an app but there are others.

Try googling best Android dialer 2019 and try some and see if they work better for you.

0 Likes
Re: Screen problem on Note 9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out Georgeplg, we know how important it is to make sure that you don't disconnect any of your calls on accident we'll be glad to help out. Normally, when you raise your device up to your ear the screen turns off automatically, is the phone not turning off during calls? When did this problem start?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes