Screen problem
vtwinsrbest

Happy owner of the Note 3 since early December. One nagging issue concerns the display screen. Probably a dozen times in the last 6 weeks, a one eighth inch wide line has appeared on the screen stretching from top to the bottom of the screen. Appears to be pixelating or scrambling the video. It appears randomly, sometimes while watching a movie, sometimes while using other apps. I can either wait a few minutes, up to 5 min actually or I can power the phone off/on and the problem stops. Took it into Verizon after it happened a few times within the first few weeks but of course I can't show them the problem on demand. They did a software update but that did not resolve this issue. Anyone else experienced this? Seems to me it's a physical problem with the OLED display?

In all other respects this has been a fantastic phone!

0 Likes
Re: Screen problem
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I'd try my best to get it exchanged.  There is an off chance it is a software glitch but every single time I've seen this on any display be it a PC monitor, TV, phone, etc its been a hardware issue that only gets worse over time.  Maybe take a photograph of your screen the next time it happens since it probably wouldn't show up in a screen capture if its a hardware issue.  Then you could show that to whomever you're trying to convince at Verizon to exchange it. It would be interesting to know if it did show up in a screen capture.

0 Likes
Re: Screen problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@vtwinsrbest

I'm glad you're happy with your device choice!  I want to ensure we resolve the problem you're having with the screen.

What is your device current software version http://vz.to/1eO8mT4?  Have you tested your device while it's powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1gIuC0G for a few hours?  This can help us determine if the issue is application related.  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes