Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Sensor issues from day 1
Jasoninnaples

Every time I make /receive a call, when I put the phone to my ear the screen stays on and I wind up pushing buttons with my face accidentally.

I saw a post online that claimed it was related to the headphone jack being plugged in or unplugged during a call. The remedy suggested was to make a call and plug and unplug headphones until the problem went away. This worked for a few calls but then the problem returned. Just today I was pleasantly surprised when the screen went off as I put the phone to my ear but now after I take it away from my head , the screen doesn't come back on unless I hit the home button.

My local Verizon Wireless store suggested that I wait for marshmallow, but that ship has sailed to no avail. They also said that I could use my insurance and pay the deductible for a new phone. This problem has been present since the very first call I made. Why should I have to pay for a defective product? Someone please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes