Re: Service issues since Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
markusburkey,

Let's put an end to that struggle! What's the zip code where you are having these issue? Is the issue with voice or data? Does it occur only when indoors? Have you performed the hard reset since updating the software on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard reset was the first thing I tried and it didn't help any.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
mpctlc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  My Samsung Note 3 loses service and the only way I can get it back is to reboot it.

0 Likes
SCgirl918
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this exact same issue.  I also have poor signal strength since the update, and my phone will not get back on the mobile network unless I restart it.  Previously I could receive phone calls in my house, now I can only do so outside - once I restart.  I have an expensive mini tablet now.

markusburkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Attached is a screen shot of my phone in safe mode. I have had loss of

cellular network connectivity for an hour now. I have not yet done a hard

reset. Isn't safe mode essentially eliminating the same potential

points-of-failure as a hard reset?

uniquely_edgy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same issue ever since the Lollipop upgrade was released. I get zero cell reception in my office and have to reboot my phone every time I leave my office to get a data connection. I have tried toggling Airplane mode off and on to no avail. My device is not rooted.

djorgga
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of the responses from this or another thread on this subject mentions to try changing "Preferred Network Mode" to LTE/CDMA.  I did this and then rebooted (didn't work until after the reboot).  It seems to have corrected my issue (I did also uninstall some apps I don't rely on but otherwise no other changes).  Note that after another reboot the mode seems to have switched back to Global, but the issue has not returned.

Change "Preferred Network Mode" from Settings > More networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode.

0 Likes
markusburkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all, I read today (and this makes sense to me) an article that

explained that you should always hard reset your phone when you do an OS

update, which makes sense to me. I always prefer to do clean installs of

new OS's on all my devices. I'll try it and report back.

0 Likes
uniquely_edgy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried the solution provided and the result remains the same. The safe mode workaround worked for about 10 minutes after enabling.

0 Likes
The_Disturbed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried this yesterday, and so far it's working. Thanks for the tip.