Service
wolfkiel33

My note 4 service indicator is going from 4G 4 or 5 bars to no service then pops back on to full service again.   Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfkiel33,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. Since the area is a bit sporadic, what I would recommend is a Network Extender to increase service indoors. Here is more information about this http://vz.to/1w2vM21

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfkiel33, let's take a closer look into this issue. It's normal for signal to fluctuate as it retrieves service from the nearest wireless tower. What's your zip code?

Try powering your device off/on to soft reset it on our network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
wolfkiel33

It is 22310 and I have completed a soft reset to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wolfkiel33!

Thanks for trying that step for us. I've checked this area and I see that portions of this zip code are in the extended network. I'd like to pinpoint the location. Can you please provide me with 2 cross streets in the affected area?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
wolfkiel33

Cross street is Franconia road and Bush Hill Drive

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wolfkiel33!

Thanks for the information including the location for this area. I'm showing that this intersection is in a 4G area, so you should get a 4G signal. Please pull the battery and the SIM card for 60 seconds, then reattach and power on. Keep me posted on how this goes for you

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
wolfkiel33

I pulled the battery and the sim card and it's still sporadically dropping from many bars to the circle w/ the dash through it showing no service.  Today it happened but the video I was watching kept playing while service indicator showed no service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfkiel33,

Thank you for trying that. This most certainly is not characteristic for that phone to have this happen. Are any other VZW users having the same issue in your home?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
wolfkiel33

We have an iPhone 5  and Galaxy s4 but not having this issue.   Still happening pretty frequently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfkiel33,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. Since the area is a bit sporadic, what I would recommend is a Network Extender to increase service indoors. Here is more information about this http://vz.to/1w2vM21

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes