Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Signal Issues
To-Octavia

I am using a refurbished Note 3 provided by Verizon.   My signal is horrible.  I have contacted verizon twice.  The contact I was provided with a new SIM card.  This has not helped.  The second contact I was told I would be soon contacted by some sort of representative that would further assist me.  That has also has  not happened. 

I can barely keep a 4G signal.  It is constantly dropping out and to either no signal  or going into roam.  I work out of town on a constant basis and rely on my verizon devices.  They are turning out to be not very reliable.   I am paying for services I can barely get and am becoming very frustrated.   If anyone can point me in the right direction so I can solve this issue  or if I need to start looking for other options.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Issues
stef7

Yes, reception problems plaguing many Note3 owners based on the many threads and posts in those threads on this site.

Look under your battery for the build date of your device. If 2013, likely there is an incompatibility between the KK operating system, and the low level radio hardware and driver software on your device. People on another non-Verizon site got relief ONLY by asking for a replacement and getting another Note3, but with a 2014 build or refurbish date.

In general, your device is using the new XLTE band, and it is known not to have the same ability to penetrate buildings as the previous band used. Too bad you don't have a way to disable the new band. But if your device is a 2013 build, likely it's not working properly or at least optimally with the KK update that was pushed to everyone, and it probably wont unless Samsung issues a patch.

Regardless, likely you'll need a replacement phone. You won't be able to solve your issue with a new SIM card, or performing a factory data reset, or running your phone in SAFE mode.

It's fairly clear Verizon and Samsung are aware of the issue.

HTH.

To-Octavia

Thank you for your response.  I will check to see concerning the dates on the phone.   So i guess I'm just out of the money I've spent on my phone up to this point?  If it is the case that I need a new phone?

0 Likes
stef7

I really can't advise you on if you need another make/model device. I would if I were you read up on the topic. Research your build date. Then contact Samsung.

0 Likes
MaXGTS

I was considering the Note 3 to replace my aging Droid Razr Maxx.  Think I'll wait for the iPhone 6+ instead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To-Octavia,

We're sorry to hear about your signal issues on the Note 3.  We want to make sure we provide you with a resolution.  I see that we've completed a SIM card exchange which sometimes can help improve the signal strength.  Have you completed a hard reset?  http://vz.to/1nXttUN

Please test the device without any information on it after the hard reset.  If issue persists we can look into exchanging under the manufacturer's warranty. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
To-Octavia

Thank you.  I am looking into giving this a try right now.

0 Likes
Hachimitsu

let me be honest with you, EVEN if you go to ask for a sim card exchange, you will be asked to put onto tech support, wait 3 to 4 hours tops and in the end your phone will supposedly be fixed, when you try again this time, it doesnt work!

In fact, I couldn't get my sim card fixed because the manager said, Ask tech support first!

After that, he just.. VANISHED and left because his job hours was over!

Don't ever feel upset that your alone with signal problems. My samsung galaxy note 3 has NO signal To little signal that i installed a Signal booster app and make believe it works!

Afterwards, i am still waiting for calls from Customer support saying they will send a technician to stop by at my house. NO one came!

*btw I have no GPS.. even if I walked outside, I still have NO GPS at all!... can someone give me a clue why?*

0 Likes
stef7

Yes. You have a defective phone. Get then to swap it out for a unit that has a build our refurbish date of 2014.

0 Likes
To-Octavia

stef7 

I do indeed have the refurbished phone.   I haven't yet been out of town since I hard reset. My phone doesn't get good reception here at home and mainly stays in WIFI.

When I do get out where I will be using my phone regularly should I expect a better reception after the Hard Reset?

Hachimitsu

I have not had the same issues.   That sounds terrible for you.  I hope you solve you problem.   Maybe its as Stef says , you need to get a new refurbished phone.

0 Likes