Signal Strength, Dropped Calls, Texts and Calls that Won't even go Thru.
Passionate1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon Wireless since it was Cingular and/or Air Touch! I have always thought the prices were high but the service was so superior it was worth it! Now I feel like I am paying for a phone that works when it feels like it! I am frustrated, disgusted and mourning my father's recent death. I called Verizon over and over and over and over about not receiving calls from the hospital as it was my only phone line and I was his primary person to contact in case of emergency. I missed 2 or more calls from the hospital because they said it just went to voice mail. THE PHONE NEVER RANG! I have people tell me this all the time now. I call you but you never answer. Well, can't answer phone if it doesn't ring! Texts! Well I relied on them but now they are as unreliable as the phone service. The entire service is a joke and the ridiculous excuses I was given in trying to resolve these issues  insulted my intelligence. I was basically told there is nothing they can do so I suppose I am just suppose to keep paying over $100 a month for a Verizon Wireless toy phone? I have read reviews and it isn't just in my area! I am in Los Angeles, Wilshire Blvd area and my signal was always great! How else was I able to tell things had gone completely down hill. If I hadn't had such great service to compare it to, I wouldn't be so upset. My daughter in Hawthorne is having the same problem, my cousin in Inglewood is having the same problem, so lets come up with something better than there is some new blockage of your signals and/or towers as a reason for the lack of signal strength. I may as well get a landline phone again because I refuse to buy into this signal booster phenomenon that is suppose to fix everybody's signal strength problems. I wonder who owns the companies putting these extremely expensive miracle devices out?

Needless to say I want out of Verizon Wireless, I can't take it any more and I most definitely can't afford to pay for cell phones from 2 different companies. My son's phone, which is the phone I had to call from once was a Metro PCS phone and he lives upstairs. Now that is a shame Verizon! I guess using T-Mobiles towers are helping boost their business because I am sure I am not the only truly disappointed and dissatisfied Verizon Wireless LOYAL CUSTOMER! I feel like I am being made a fool of and I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in pristine condition. You could resell it for new! I always keep them covered well, in cases, with great screen protectors and I still have the original box it came in. So take your phone back and please set me free???? I rely on my phone like many of us very unhappy customers. I am disabled and spend a great deal of time at home which was never a problem for any of my previous phones and not even this one until recently. It's suppose to be 4G! I don't get 3G, Heck I am lucky if I get 1X for a few seconds. If I get 1 bar that is normal, but that doesn't mean it is going to stay that way for very long. So if anyone has any suggestions I am open to them, but I am not connecting any wires to a phone that is suppose to work the way I purchased it. The way it worked previously, with good quality, reliable signal strength!

Re: Signal Strength, Dropped Calls, Texts and Calls that Won't even go Thru.
LisaR15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem with my phone which is an iPhone. It took me 30 minutes to pull up this page!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Passionate1, First and foremost, I am truly sorry to hear of the passing of your father. I'm sure this is already a difficult time for you and the last thing you need to worry about is your service on your phone. It would be a shame to lose such a long time customer such as yourself and we definitely want to do all that we can to keep you and bring back the positive feelings you once had for us. What we need to do is some indept troubleshooting to pin point what could be causing this. When did this issue begin? What do you experience when trying to make a call? Does this only happen indoors or out and about as well?
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to use your internet LisaR15. How long has this been going on for? What iPhone do you have? Does it work better if you leave your area? Is it indoors or outdoors?

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Passionate1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I answered all the questions you are asking me to answer the 4 to 5 times I was in contact with Verizon Wireless support via phone, and not my Verizon phone, except for the text I got from one of your technicians after they supposedly sent someone out to check your towers in the area, telling me there is nothing more that can be done to help me with my problem and that it must be something in my environment causing the problem.

mlat

So, here are my two cents with my Galaxy Note 3. It was just replaced for a hardware issue and when the new phone arrived, i had several updates over the course of a couple of days. Everything seemed fine until after the last update.

After that last update I started to notice that I was dropping off the cellular network. I was not able to make or receive calls and/or texts. I started taking screen shots when I noticed my device was no longer connected to the cellular network. I will include them at the end of this post.

After some light research I came across all these forum entries about the same or similar problems with the Note 3 and Note 4.

To recap...I had no signal issues, but had my phone replaced because of a screen malfunction. the replacement Note 3 came via Fedex within 24 hours of my claim. I setup my new phone and everything was fine in terms of making calls and texts for about a day and a half until the last update. shortly after the last update I began seeing the signal disconnect that is reflected in the inserted screen shots. please note the date and time in each photo.Screenshot_2015-09-06-15-25-57.pngScreenshot_2015-09-07-21-25-28.pngScreenshot_2015-09-10-09-09-30.pngScreenshot_2015-09-10-15-36-17.png

These are just a few of the ones i captured when i noticed the signal was non-existing. should I just go and request another replacement or is this truly what appears to be a large scale software problem, based on the amount of forum and online posts? Can a verizon person please give me a reply!

0 Likes
CathyHosford

I am having the exact same issue with my Note3. the only difference is that I have had my phone replaced 3 times now, for the same issue. Your screen shots remind me of my phone and what I see most of the time. it is very frustrating. I too have been a customer for a very long time, and would think that Verizon would step up and offer free upgrades to the latest Galaxy. Especially for those that clearly cannot get the performance they pay for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CathyHosford I understand having a new phone would be great and I can review your account for possible upgrade options. Until we can do that, let’s work on getting your current phone to function properly. Please share a few details as to the exact problems you are having with your Note 3. Does this happen when using a specific application? Can you use data and make calls?
DeloresK_VZW

Boots103
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an Android and I'm going to the same issues I just tried to scroll through and like this and my screen just kept going up and down I woke up at 9 o'clock Eastern Standard time it is now quarter to 12 Eastern Standard Time and my phone is down to 61% it's freezing as I'm typing this via voice and it freezes just as this I was with AT&T for five years then went Verizon November 2014 and I hadn't had issues but I have had issues since

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boots10331,

We never want for you to have any issues with your phone. Let’s make sure we get your phone working like a well oiled machine. What make & model phone do you have? When did the freezing issue begin to happen? You are on a thread about problems with signal strength. Are you having problems with your service? If so, what exactly is being affected?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes