Sim Card initializing issue...
jeh1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to change what contacts to display in my address book I get this pop up that says Sim Card initializing... and it will just sit there and nothing happens. I had to reset my phone and I have all these contacts that I don't want to see in my adress book.  Is there a way to fix it? Other then this and sucky signal I have had since the last update the phone works fine.  I just want to be to able to use this feature in my address booK. Anyone else having the same issue?

James
www.jpog.info
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 2 XL
Motorola moto g play
Re: Sim Card initializing issue...
jeh1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon reps or anyone... please help.

James
www.jpog.info
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 2 XL
Motorola moto g play
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeh1984,

This is an odd occurance to have with your contacts. What make/model phone do you have? How do you get the notification to go away? If you could share some additional information, that will help. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jeh1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a note 3 and when it pops up it has ok button.  I'm waiting for a new sim card to see if they will fix my issue But this issue started from day one with the new nfc sim card. If I knew how to post a screen shot of what I'm getting I would post it.

James
www.jpog.info
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 2 XL
Motorola moto g play
Deeanalyst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Am having the same problem with the s4. correction both phones are doing this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeh1984,

Hmm, that's odd! But please keep us posted once you receive your new SIM Card so we can further assist you.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
Supercilious

The problem occurs when the setting "Contacts to display" is selected. A window opens that says "SIM card initializing...". The only way to make it go away is to select "OK" on the window. The phone never gets to the list of contact sources.

My phone is a GS4 Mini. However, on searching for this problem it seems there is a long history on numerous Samsung models. My GS5 has never done this before or after using a foreign SIM or with or without a SIM lock.

The phone initially worked fine. I then added a SIM lock. The problem occurred after that. I removed the SIM lock and it still occurred. I removed and re-installed the SIM and it still occurs.

0 Likes
elizajp

It's happening to me too on my Galaxy S4 Mini...brand new

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elizajp,

We definitely want to make sure your phone works great for you! It's very important that you're able to manage your contacts. Are you able to try turning the phone off, removing the SIM, and then putting that back in and turning it back on? What do you do when this happens to get it working again?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
elizajp

I tried that, still doesn’t work.

0 Likes