Simple Solution
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is what I feel is a simple solution to this problem. Verizon needs to allow Note 7 users to pick out a different "safe" Samsung device now but do not make them burn their upgrade on it and be stuck with a device for 2 years that we really and truly don't want. If we did we would have picked that device in the first place. It is simple, move the annual upgrade from the Note 7 back to the s7 devices as they are the only 2 premium Samsung devices that are on the market at this time. If customers want to go a different route, say MOTO Z devices or Google Pixel for example, then and only then should the upgrade be burned.

Although you are refunding our money and giving us back our upgrade status now, it makes absolutely no sense to make us use it on something we really a truthfully don't want. On this site in several conversations Verizon reps have said that the goal is for us to have a phone that we love. Well here is the truth. For many of us there is not another option out right now that meets our needs. Unless you come up with a better program you are going to have many people who wont turn these devices in. That is the bottom line.

0 Likes
Re: Simple Solution
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the phone i love, the Note 7. I will be keeping it until Verizon has a different option that is comparable to the Note 7's features.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think they could also put a promo code of Note 7 at the check out so your not charged any fees

that are not appropriate for your situation.Then that way it would be easier for them to go back and

straighten out any problems later.    

0 Likes
Dani1351

I agree.  I did not want any other phones available and would rather have Verizon issue me back my S5 instead of buying a new phone.   I saved my upgrade for the Note 7 and I am irritated that I have to use it for a phone I don't want or care to pay for. On top of that i am not happy that we are required to pay a 20 upgrade charge.  This situation has been handled poorly, with lack of clear communication.

0 Likes
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Gatorsrise7, I understand that this situation has many of you feeling discouraged. We do want for our customers to have a phone they love. That is why we have offered to reset the upgrade dates of anyone who had to return the Note 7 to us. If you do a return you can go back to an old phone or use one temporarily until the phone you really want releases. If you exchange the Note 7 for a different phone that will be considered using your upgrade.

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

marcuss_vzw,

please explain use one temporarily. I do not have another phone lying around to reactivate. From what i understand our only option is to get a phone and pay for a phone that you currently offer.

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

That is unacceptable! The reason many of us don't have a temporary phone to use is because we traded them in for the phone we wanted which is the Note 7!!! Our hands are tied and Verizon is taking full advantage of that!!!! Very disappointing!!

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

That would be great....But what temp phone are you going to give us until then?

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

we are being forced to exchange our phones...that should not impact our upgrade eligibility. I don't want anything that is currently being offered for the next two years. I would be happy to pay the installments on an S7edge until another phone comes out in the near future, I just want my upgrade to be retroactive to when I got this note 7

0 Likes
ERISTE66

I tend to agree with this problem.  I paid off my Note 5 to get the Note 7.  Then traded in the Note 5 for a bill credit.  Now I have to buy the Note 5 again and start over on a payment plan.  Doing the math, that puts me out about $500.  I have 5 lines and I'm thinking of switching to another carrier.  I know some of this is out of Verizon's hands, but this is still my money being thrown away. Not Verizon money.

0 Likes