Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Since update to NJ4, problem with audible, lock screen, and car charging.
nuqrat

Since update to NJ4: I listen to audible a lot on my phone. Since the update, when I'm listening and the phone goes to lock screen, when I power up, my home screen background goes to a solid color and the phone screen jumps from audible to lock screen and I can't do anything but turn off the phone.  When I set security to none, no problem.  Seems only to be when phone goes to lock screen.  I also noticed I always used a third party car charger with no problem, now it says I need to use the original charger, it never did that before and I've had the phone for a year.  I did a factory reset and still have the problems, did not help. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Since update to NJ4, problem with audible, lock screen, and car charging.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nuqrat Software updates can change functions of the device as it is designed to help the phone operate better. It is common that the phone displays the message about the original charger be connected. Some charges can drain the battery life or not charge the phone properly if they are not from VZW or the manufactuer. As for the the issues with the screen and lock settings, we recommend testing the device while it is in Safe mode. http://vz.to/SsJCZp  Please keep us posted.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Since update to NJ4, problem with audible, lock screen, and car charging.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nuqrat Software updates can change functions of the device as it is designed to help the phone operate better. It is common that the phone displays the message about the original charger be connected. Some charges can drain the battery life or not charge the phone properly if they are not from VZW or the manufactuer. As for the the issues with the screen and lock settings, we recommend testing the device while it is in Safe mode. http://vz.to/SsJCZp  Please keep us posted.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes