Smart Lock Trusted places don't work
RichTaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone used Smart Lock with Trusted places instead of Trusted devices?   I have tested this feature with Bluetooth devices with seems to work correctly.  However, when I set this up for my Home as a trusted place it did not work.   It would also be nice if the "trusted device" could be a wireless connection.  I find this more reliable and accurate than a map/location based test.

I also agree with another poster.  You still have to swipe to unlock which is not a major inconvenience but does not match up to how the function is described.

0 Likes
Re: Smart Lock Trusted places don't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RichTaylor, this is a great new feature on the Note 4! I want to make sure that it is working the way it was designed. When you have it set your home do you get any kind of errors? If it does come up with any errors, what do they say? Have you been able to use this feature before without any issues? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RichTaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kevin,

Sorry for the slow reply.  Your response was caught by a spam filter.  I receive no errors.  It just does not work.  I have verified that my location services are working and getting a good lock on my location.  The Smart Lock feature just does not work.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

This affects all devices on lollipop except for Nexus devices. My T-Mobile and AT&T devices does the same. If you downgrade the Google play services it'll work until it updates again from what I have gathered searching around.

0 Likes