Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
So, I have this problem with my replacement phone. It's a note 3. Immediately after I got it turned on, the headphone icon showed up preventing any sound from playing unless you have a head set connected. Ironically, this does not affect rings, or my alar
Mintawno

So, I have this problem with my replacement phone. It's a note 3. Immediately after I got it turned on, the headphone icon showed up preventing any sound from playing unless you have a head set connected. Ironically, this does not affect rings, or my alarm, mostly just media. In addition to this problem, whenever I put on my head set, the phone tool for voice commands comes up. Very annoying and I don't remember seeing that on my original phone. To add to that, the mic doesn't seem to work as the voice command doesn't recognize when I speak. This also affects my phone calls as no one can hear me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: So, I have this problem with my replacement phone. It's a note 3. Immediately after I got it turned on, the headphone icon showed up preventing any sound from playing unless you have a head set connected. Ironically, this does not affect rings, or my
Mintawno

New to this community so I apologize for my thread title, I had no idea it was going to be the title Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: So, I have this problem with my replacement phone. It's a note 3. Immediately after I got it turned on, the headphone icon showed up preventing any sound from playing unless you have a head set connected. Ironically, this does not affect rings, or my
ruthw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mintawno,

We never want you to have troubles with your replacement device. No worries we are here and ready to help. If you look in the headset port do you see any debris or lint? If so, please attempt to remove it. Then power cycle the device and let us know your status.

RuthW_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Almost sounds like you got a bum replacement.  I would call that issue in ASAP to Verizon for a warranty exchange.  Shouldn't be malfunctioning right out of the delivery box.

0 Likes
Mintawno

I've powercycled and done a Hard Reset, per instructions at the Assurion support site (Power device off, remove battery, press and hold power button for 15 seconds, replace battery, power device on and check for fix).  The headphone icon appeared after a few seconds, and my mic still did not recognize I was talking when I tried to do a google search via using the MIcrophone, nor did the person I tried to call hear me.  As instructed I am going to call Assurion to get a replacement sent.  Thanks for your input! Smiley Happy