So if Note 7s are recalled (deja vu), what is a good replacement?
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a Note 3 and got the exploding Note 7.  I like the size of the Notes.  I had the S7 as my loaner and I like the larger phone so was happy to get my Note back.

If we are all going to go thru another recall, I assume this will be a permanent phone and not another wait for the 3d Gen Note 7.  So what do you suggest for a new phone?  How is the Pixel XL?  Other recommendations?

Re: So if Note 7s are recalled (deja vu), what is a good replacement?
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Same history, same situation, same unknowns here too! 

Did some research, thought about LG V20, but when i noticed the battery they used being the same capacity as our Note3's, i forgo the idea immediately. V20 is not cheap, and it's sad they're using battery that 3 (Samsung) generations ago!

I also looked at PixelXL too, but having no expandable memory (microSD) makes it a no-go. (and i think it's overpriced with lesser than iPhone7plus.

So, if Verizon is forcing us to return the phone because of recall-round#2, i think i will go for iPhone7plus.

But most likely i will keep using the Note3 and wait out the storm 

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was stupid and traded in my Note 3.  I wish I would have kept it and I would go back to it.  My only problem I was having with the N3 was battery charging.  So I have no fallback if we must return them.

I am not an Apple fan so will stay with Android. 

Who knew buying a phone would be so hard!!

underoath218
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really hate it has come to this, but I'm going to switch to another Android phone.  The Pixel XL looks nice, but the only problem is now the brand new Micro SD card I just bought is useless with the Pixel.  I may just send the card back since I haven't had it that long.  Another option is the LG V20. Have seen some good things about it, but not quite sure yet.  The Sony Xperia is another under the radar phone that gets good reviews.  At the end of the day, what a complete disaster this has become for the customer and for Samsung because this is a nice phone but the safety issues are pretty glaring at this point.

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

I just cant believe this is happening again!! The phone belongs to my son who is away at college and he had to make a special trip home last week to pick up the replacement we had mailed to the house. Between his schedule and location he cannot get to a  Verizon store and I am weary about mailing it to the campus. He wont be home until Thanksgiving so I don't know how we are going to do this. I have to talk to him when he gets out of class tonight. I think he would want the 7 edge but Verizon is out of black with no expected date. Plus I don't think I trust Samsung at this point anyway and I don't think I would trust another new release phone so what are the choices??? In the end its his choice! Smiley Sad I just cant believe this!!!

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the free micro SD card.  Lot a good that will do me too.  I looked at the Sony Xperia.  Looks interesting.  I may have to go into Verizon to take a look in person after I read more.

I know, a big disaster.  I feel bad for for us and Samsung.  I love the phone and my previous Sammy....but I guess I need to move on. 

0 Likes
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was kind of leery about the Pixel XL too.  I understand it is made by HTC.  I had an HTC Incredible 2 and loved it.  So back to the drawing board to do more research.  The bad thing is that the Pixel is not out until Oct 20....so we may get a recall before it is available. 

The funny thing is that I have a Note 7 case.  I also bought a case for my loaner S7 as I figured the whole battery testing process would be much longer than it was.  And in hindsight, maybe it needed to be more prolonged.  Now I will be in the market for a 3d case once I am forced to exchange again.

0 Likes
storyist

So here's my question - I bought my Galaxy Note 7 from a Verizon Wireless Authorized Dealer (stupid on my part, but whatever) the day it came out.  They hadn't gotten the replacement phones yet, so I've still got the original.  I haven't had any problems with it at all and I love it.  So if I take this and exchange it for something like an S7 Edge, will I be to get the Note 7 again when (and if) it comes out again?  Because while I've used my wife's S7 Edge and it's fine, I use the stylus all the time for writing and for notes on the phone.  I would rather keep it.  Is there any word on Note 7 owners getting a Note 7 back ever?

Thanks, guys!

0 Likes
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

Nothing has been said about the future of the Note 7 but IMO I think its done. They just mentioned on the news that there was another flaw found with the device but they couldn't elaborate. My son has the replacement and it seems they are making an even bigger deal about it this time around. My son feels as you do, he loves the phone and he never had a problem with either device and I know I'm going to have an argument on my hands when I tell him he needs to turn it in. What a shame because this phone got such spectacular reviews.

0 Likes
lindamcd
Contributor - Level 1

Well that is just great. I just paid $110.00 up front, Friday (4 days ago) to trade in my Note 5. The $110 was taxes + upgrade fee. AND I ordered 2  very nice cases...for a phone I don't even have yet!  And there is no other phone I want. I LOVE the S pen. I have had all of the Notes, except 2. And the Titanium silver...most beautiful phone ever. What now? Stay with my Note 5 that hasn't been the same since Marshmallow. Maybe Marshmallow IS the problem?  They had better be prepared to refund my $120. And SAMSUNG ...what Jerks for always acting oblivious! I might just be done with Verizon AND Samsung.

0 Likes