Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Software Update not available using Software Upgrade Assistance.
abbasm

Hi,

I have Galaxy note 4, currently I'm out of the country and using another carrier. I tried to update my Note 4 but getting a message "Software update temporally not available". I also tried to update using software upgrade assistance tool but the getting a message that the software is up to date while having the 5.1.1 version.

Can you please let me know what I need to do get the new software update.

Thanks

Abbas

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Update not available using Software Upgrade Assistance.
naansalad

had you verified with your local carrier to check if that upgrade available from them.

0 Likes
fig95

I am also having the same issue.  Over 2 weeks after release of the update and nothing.

0 Likes
abbasm

Yes, I checked with the local Carrier and they said it needs to come from Verizon since the phone is from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It’s always great to have the latest software for your device as I would want the same thing for my device, Abbasm. Let me help with getting your device on the most recent update available. Did you retry to get the update as of today? The reason why I asked is on June 24th, the most recent software update was made available. Here’s a link with more details on how to get it http://tiny.cc/8ijhcy . Let me know if you need more assistance.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abbasm

Hi Edwin_VZW,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried just now using software upgrade assistance and still the updates are NOT available. Need your help.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

abbasm, I know the feeling of wanting to get the latest update. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but software updates are pushed out through the Verizon network. Because you are using another carrier and out of the country with your Note 4, your phone will not be eligible to connect to our server to get the update.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes