Software not updated to N910VVRS2CQA1 - Error Code: 401
Wired711

Hi. I've successfully downloaded this update on my Galaxy Note 4.  It goes through the entire update / reboot process including optimizing all the applications as the last step.  When it boots back into OS and I check System Updates, I see the message "Software not updated to N910VVRS2CQA1 - Error Code: 401".

I tried this several times with the same result.  My device was running 4.4.4 (Kit Kat) and I did all the updates to bring it to 6.01 (Marshmallow).  This wasn't my plan actually.  I've been refusing these updates for 2 years because I didn't want to chance having the battery drain issues so many have reported.  I accidentally allowed it yesterday and so the fun with all the OS and security patch updates began.

Since the updates, my battery is draining about 2.5x faster than when I was on 4.4.4.  I loose 20% every hour!  Due to this, I tried clearing the system cache - no improvement.  This morning, I decided to take on the inconvenience and hassle of doing a factory reset as has been recommended in many cases.  No improvement in battery drain!

I tried the security patch update again as well.  Again, it downloads just fine and the update starts and appears to finish properly (about 15 minutes in total).  However, when I check System Updates, I still see the same error.  I guess it's not the worst thing but I would like to have the most recent patch.  Much, much worse however is of course the battery drain issue.  Looks like I'm in the sinking boat I've been trying to avoid for 2 years!

Can anyone suggest a resolution to the patch error (or better, the battery drain issue)?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Software not updated to N910VVRS2CQA1 - Error Code: 401
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a properly working phone, Wired711. We are here to help you with the software. The best thing to do when getting an error while updating, is to try updating with the Software Assistant Program on your computer. Here is a link with information on that process http://vz.to/2iohvfi

Test your phone out after the update regarding the battery.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes