Software update - Build VRUBMJE
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

The Galaxy Note 3 has a new update out as of 12/9/13. Most importantly it enables Band 4 LTE, those in the big cities can jump on the unsaturated band for faster speeds.

So far I have not have any issues, and all the bloatware can be disabled. It's supposed to improve connectivity - hopefully make WiFi more stable.

Anyone having issues with the new update?

0 Likes
Re: Software update - Build VRUBMJE
shadow303

I can't get the update to install. It downloads, then about 20 seconds into the install, it gives an error message. Just says error. Can't figure out why.

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try a hard reset, don't power the phone off just pop the battery out wait about 10 mins and give it another shot.

0 Likes
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I'm getting worse battery life. If anyone else is experiencing this let me know.

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah until I disabled the bloat Verizon turned back on. According to many reports they also took extra steps with this update to disable tethering apps so perhaps this "feature" could impact the power consumption.

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did too, I also had Verizon to send me a new battery. And went in and disabled all of the apps that I didn't need or use, also keeping the screen on auto and selecting the power saver icon seems to help. You can also download Juice Defender try that out and see what you think.

0 Likes
cheryldixie

I live in a 4LTE area and since I got the software update from Samsung my phone now stays in 3LTE all the time.  I can turn the phone off and it starts back in 4LTE but in about 5 minutes it goes to 3LTE.  Called Verizon and the told me to turn phone off and then back on.  Tried to explain to them that it does solve the problem.  Someone told that it could be the SIM card and that I might need a new one since the update.

Can someone please help me.

0 Likes