Software update failed.
jaywo_23

Now it says i need to use the repair assistant but that is not working as well.  it gets to 84% but an error pops up.

0 Likes
Re: Software update failed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds odd. May we ask what the error says?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jaywo_23

It would say that the update failed and to connect to a computer and use the verizon software repair assistant to fix.  I would go through that but it would reach about 83% and an error would appear.  I am not sure if you need more information than that.

Went to a Verizon store and they were not able to loan the boot menu (by holding vol button and power button).  Basically said phone was dead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaywo_23, we definitely want you to have a working phone. Let's look more into this. Is the phone turned off? Any physical/liquid damage?

ZangY_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eragot6428

Samsung Desk at Best Buy told me that the issue is the new version of Android is too much for the Note 4 to handle... and it essentially burned out the hardware... my phone is restarting almost every 30 mins, lags like crazy and just sucks now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those symptoms are not good at all. You need a working device and not a device that power cycles every 30 minutes. It's important that we review closer to get things resolved. Please check your inbox for a  message from me.

KatrinaN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes