Software updates
Mamalizz

Are all the software updates necessary for my note5 phone? The last time I did an update, it was for the new Marshmallow system which screwd up all my apps. I had to do a factory reset in order to make them work properly again. I just don't want to have to go through this again if it isn't completely necessary.

0 Likes
Re: Software updates
bearone21
Legend

not sure what apps you have but 601 didn't affect my apps at all.

0 Likes
kangarue
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate this new update. It changed the picture gallery so that now, you can't find a photo under favorites. "Favorites" disappeared. The album icons are so small you can hardly see them. The albums are not labeled. Until you open an album, you don't know the name of the album. I HATE this new gallery. I am so sad that I can't quickly find my favorite photos any more. I don't know how I will ever be able to go through the thousands of photos I have and find them again. This change was not described in the update, so I had no idea this would happen. I am now wasting my morning trying to find a replacement gallery app that will let me "favorite" a photo or let me find the ones I already did favorite. I am not happy with this update and wish I had never done it, but Verizon is so aggressive in pushing updates, I just wanted to get rid of the nagging. 😠

OhNoMrsBill
bearone21
Legend

not sure what you've done but my albums show the name i choose & are easy to see.

0 Likes
OhNo_NotAgain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. Gallery is now ridiculous. Tiny album covers with no titles. Completely useless.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

latest update came in today.  pics & folder look the same.

0 Likes