Sounds and Notifications not working since update
Kaedonce

I am also frustrated with this Lollipop update. Since I installed it, I am unable to change, disable, or do anything else with my sounds. When I go to settings, and tap on "Sounds and Notifications," I get the message "Settings has stopped working." And then, the settings menu closes down. Everything else in settings works, but I am unable to change my ringtone, which I've grown tired of. I made the mistake of going to the Verizon Wireless store near my work - a store I swore I'd never go to again after being treated very badly there, and they didn't know how to fix it, so they did a "soft reset," which kept my contacts and apps, but reset all my settings to default. Now I have an even MORE obnoxious ringtone that I can't change. AND, it also turned on the tap noises. So, I have to listen to this anoying water drop tap noise every time I tap on anything. I really need to be able to get into my Sounds and Notifications menu, but it just won't work!

I went to Best Buy to see the Samsung people. They tried doing a "Flash" on the update. That didn't work. They tried clearing the cache. That didn't work. They said it was a Verizon Wireless issue. Somebody HELP!!!!!!! I need to change my ringtones and disable the tap noises before it drives me insane!! I googled this and found that I'm not the only one with this problem, so Verizon, can you hear me??????????

0 Likes
Re: Sounds and Notifications not working since update
mdenunz24
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having similar problems. Notification sounds aren't working all of a sudden

0 Likes
patrickjgilley

sound and notifications not working. will not work on power down or restart.

0 Likes
bgshower

Same issue..have you received a response?

0 Likes