Sync Contacts on desktop Verizon+ app
KATBAL76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have seen this question before, but all threads are old so I could not comment. 

I saw the solution is to upload contacts from phone to Verizon Cloud, uninstall PC app and reinstall. The problem with this is - I don't need or want to pay for a Verizon Cloud account.

Isn't there some way to sync across platforms without all the gyrations?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sync Contacts on desktop Verizon+ app
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@KATBAL76 wrote:

I have seen this question before, but all threads are old so I could not comment. 

I saw the solution is to upload contacts from phone to Verizon Cloud, uninstall PC app and reinstall. The problem with this is - I don't need or want to pay for a Verizon Cloud account.

Isn't there some way to sync across platforms without all the gyrations?

Thank you

Storing your contacts in the Verizon Cloud is free.  You only have to pay if want to store pictures and/or messages, etc.

As for where the Message+ service gets its contact information, we've been trying to get information from the Verizon Messages Team with NO success.  The various Message+ access methods seem to use different sources for contacts.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KATBAL76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the reply.  I always thought that contact storage was free, but whenever I try to log in, it asks me to select a plan; I can't seem to get past that.  

Appreciate your input.

grumpyandcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem and finally got a live-chat agent to tell me that the free, contacts-only version is accessible only on phones.  You get what you pay for, eh?  Now that I've managed to sync the contacts I had on my pre-Cloud phone to a new one, I'm going to move them to a non-carrier service that doesn't have that limitation!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grumpyandcat, thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to know you were able to sync your contacts to the new phone. We encourage all to ensure their information is backed up no matter the service they select.

-Tionna

0 Likes