Syncing Issues with 6.0.1
jiacastor77

Recently upgraded my Galaxy Note 5 system software. Now my personal & corp email accounts do not sync automatically, even though the correct setting is selected. Now, for new mail, I have to manually refresh my email folder which is inefficient. Anyone else have this problem? What is the solution, Verizon?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Syncing Issues with 6.0.1
bearone21
Legend

then you're using the wrong password or setting up manually & entering the wrong.

after my update many things changed, one was the sync schedule which needed to be reconfigured in some parts..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you selected "manual" sync??

with 601, i had to reset sync settings for 2 imap accounts,yahoo & gmail..

0 Likes
EdAM

My sync problems also began with 6.0.1.  My emails come down okay but when the emails are deleted on the server they remain on the Note 5 instead of being deleted.  Also, I can no longer sync with Outlook.  It's not a port/cable/computer/software issue since my S3 will sync with Outlook.

The last time I had an email problem, I added a 2nd email address and the problem was fixed.  Now, it will not accept a 2nd email address.

There must be a problem with 6.0.1

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i have 2 imap accounts.

0 Likes
EdAM

Since attempting to add a 2nd email address (would not accept it) did not solve the problem, I thought deleting and reinstalling the original email address might help.  I deleted my email address and now the phone will not accept an email address for pop3.

Verizon, what is wrong with 6.0.1?  When will you have a fix?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you delete the email address or the account??

0 Likes
EdAM

Probably the account;  I forget exactly how it was deleted.  But,  if I go to Email, the screen for "Set up account" comes up.

My email is a POP3

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

& you can not go beyond that screen to setup the account.??

0 Likes
EdAM

Yes I can get beyond that screen - enter email address, password, server setting, ports, etc.  The same info I use to download emails on my computer or my wife's cell.  When I click to verify the data I get an error message that the name or password is not correct.  The names are correct.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

then you're using the wrong password or setting up manually & entering the wrong.

after my update many things changed, one was the sync schedule which needed to be reconfigured in some parts..

0 Likes