Syncing Samsung Note II with Google Calendar
Notgeorge

Hi All.

I had a problem where info I added to my Google Calendar on my PC would go to my phone, but entries in my phone would not sync to Google.

I seem to have found a solution: Google will only sync to Google if you enter it in the Google Calendar app on your phone. If you enter info on the built in calendar app, it will sync with the Google Calendar ON THE PHONE but NOT to Google Cloud (or whatever it is called).

I didn't know the difference between the two, and thought, if they are both synced on the phone, why not to Google? Well, just because, it seems! 😉

So, the Google Calendar is the one you must use on the phone if you want it to sync. And the Google Calendar is the BLUE one; stupidly (IMHO), they are both called "Calendar" under apps. The green one is the Samsung model; when you tap it, it comes up with a brown border. When you tap the Google Calendar -- the one you need to add events into to have them sync -- the border is blue by default.

Hope this helps anyone else having problems! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Syncing Samsung Note II with Google Calendar
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can disable the Samsung calendar so you only see the Google one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Moose1111

Here's the thing. The longer I am using my Samsung Galaxy Note II and Note 10.1 the more I am learning that the features I bought them for do not work. Again, I have to change the way I organize and operate in order to use these two devices. What's the point of the SPlanner and all its features if I cannot use them. In the end, if I have to use the Google calendar as my priority calendar to sync with my two Samsung devices and my PC, I've made a huge mistake in my device purchase decisions. All the research in the world hasn't prepared me for all these issues that have come up after I purchased my devices. It looks like I should have purchased either a Nexus phone if Google was to be main organizational and daily planner. Or, a Windows phone for the same reasons.

Expensive and very hard lesson learned that will not be repeated.

P.S. The Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Note 10.1 are able to "synch" with each other's calendars.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you definitely selecting the Gmail account as the location to save the event into?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SusieSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154 is right and I provided the steps below. I recently got a replacement for my Note 2 from the insurance. The Samsung Calendar App on my phone displayed all entries in my Google Calendar (online) and would display new entries I added via the Samsung Calendar app. However, my Google Calendar wouldn't display any entries added via the Samsung Calendar app.  Very annoying, but here's a simple solution (assumes you've already linked your gmail calendar to your phone):

Solution:

1. Open Samsung Calendar
  2. Hit menu button to open popup list
  3. Select "Calendars" from the popup list
  4. Select "Display" button in the bottom left
  5. Scroll down to the section for your Google Calendar, make sure your gmail calendar is checked and check any additional gmail calendars that you want to display in your phone's calendar (e.g. weather, moon, etc.)
    • This section will have the Google logo and your gmail address
  6. Scroll down to the section for your Samsung Calendar, UNCHECK your Samsung calendar.
    • This section will have the Samsung logo and your gmail address
  7. Select "Done" button in the top right
  8. Select the back arrow in the top left to go back to your calendar
  9. Now, all entries you add in your Samsung Calendar App will be displayed in your Google Calendar.

I hope this helps someone else who's having this problem.

jimordway

I have a note 2 I am replacing with a note  4.  I used the brown samsung calendar and just dowloaded the blue google calendar in hopes of syncing it so I can transfer the info to my new phone and have all my old and new calendar dates.

When I get to your calender step, only My Calendars exists. The gmail account is listed.  In the my calendars area, I added the name google calendars.   Now, under the my calendars heading I have listed:  google calendar  and my calendars.   How can I get this info synced?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can't sync the Samsung portion of the calendar. This is a limitation imposed by how Sasumg wrote their code.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh from Note 2 to Note 4. Use your Samsung Account or Samsung Kids.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Kies silly autocorrect

0 Likes