Technical Support
Jason00

Its Tuesday, January 7th approximately 4pm CT.  over the last 20 hours I have spent about 4 hours total on hold for/with CS, supposedly TS and Supervision.  In addition I have spend time with individuals in the chat feature attempting to get help.  I've been with VZ for a number of years and have had decent service in the past.  I am not sure if something has changed, but I can't believe it's across the board that bad.  I need help to fix a critical issue which I will describe below.  I am told it  can be fixed, but need TS to help.  Is there a supervisor on here who is willing to help provide outstanding client service to help me resolve this?

Yesderday evening I noticed that all of the text messages for one contact on my phone were gone prior to August 28, 2019.  So all texts back to when I got the phone in November 2018 (thats approx 9mo's).  I did some digging and found a feature had been turned on somehow to auto-delete texts (I didn't turn this on).  These texts need to be restored - it is critical for multiple reasons.

Please call/message me with the best way to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Technical Support
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Messages application will back up only the last 90 days worth of messages to your Verizon Cloud account. 

For anything further back, you should consider one of SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store. Unfortunately, once the messages are deleted, there isn't a known way to restore them. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were the texts backed up somewhere (Cloud service or app?)?  If so, they should be able to be restored from that backup.  If they weren't backed up anywhere, then unfortunately they are gone.  For future reference, you may want to consider using a text backup and restore app from the Play Store.

0 Likes
Jason00

They were not backed up.  Something turned that auto delete feature on within the last 2wks.  I've had no issue searching previously.

Is there a way to see when the feature last ran an auto delete cycle?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jason00, having access to previous text messages is vital to me. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me how do you back your content up on your phone (Verizon cloud, iCloud, etc)?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes