Re: Terrible reception and service with Note3
dc12401

Same issue here. It was great when I got it then reception just dropped off a cliff around April. Failed texts and calls in my own home which never happened with any other phone. I have elderly, ill parents and getting their voicemails a day late isn't cutting it. The Verizon store is 5 minutes away.

I have been there of course where I was treated to the usual reset/sim card b.s. like I was a complete idiot. Even had a long call with a network guy which comically ended with the call being dropped and him leaving me 2 voicemails because the calls never went through. We bought 600 dollar phones and I pay over 200 a month for this?? I can't even do basic things my flip phone could do 8 years ago. My son also has this problem with his S4. This is NY not exactly Bum Egypt. Yet I see here no help from Verizon as usual even with months of people complaining. What I want is a brand new different phone of my choice after all this garbage. But that will never happen because Verizon refuses to take responsibility over the lemon they sold everyone.

0 Likes
BrianM_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same thing here.  It all started when I got the OTA update for Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on 5/20/2014.  Power life went down to almost nothing and I went from full bars in my house to only being able to get 1 bar or zero bars now.  Phone is utterly and completely useless to me now.  I have to go outside and hold the phone over my head to get a signal so I can even send texts in my area.  Prior to the 5/20/2014 update I had ZERO problems and FULL BARS.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

0 Likes
BrianM_
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other thing I see too is even times when I DO have bars, I get a system popup that the mobile network is unavailable.  I can have 3 bars of signal and try and text or place a call and I got the system popup that I am not connected to any networks and the mobile network is inaccessible.  I have to switch to Global mode since CDMA/LTE doesn't seem to connect to anything at all and the phone just spams me to switch to Global to connect.  But when I do nothing connects.  I just get frustrated with dropped calls, messages and no data even when I do still have bars visible on the phone.  Absolutely frustrating to no end.

rrbergeron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues after replacing the Simm Card also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about your service issues BrianM. I know its frustrating to have issues with coverage but we are here help. Whats your zipcode? Do you have the latest software on your device? Are the issues inside or outside your home? How long have you had issues?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrianM We absolutely want to make sure you have reliable service with your device. How long has this been happening? Have you tried to place the device in Safe Mode and retest? http://vz.to/1nU4ot4

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having the same issue rrbergeron. Where are you located (zipcode)? Are the issues inside or outside? How long have you had service issues? Are the coverage issues with data or voice?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rrbergeron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the lastest 4.4.2 update.  I have had thebSamsung S4 before this and

never had a problem.  The network issue is everywhere not just at my home.

I live in Zip 04284 and my wife's S4 never jumps on the signal or drops

calls.

I have already had the sim card changed and looked better for a couple of

days and now back to " No Network Signal" when trying to make calls.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rrbergeron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done the Safe Test,  Factory Reset twice and the Sim Card

Replacement. It has been going on for a month,  it has been sense I

upgraded to it.

I have read that I am not alone with this issue.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

0 Likes
rrbergeron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both Voice and Data

0 Likes