Text Messaging issue
AtlantaCuban

any recommendations on a new issue for me.  I installed a new internet WIFI network at my home and I can send and receive emails and search the web without an issue on WIFI but I cannot send or receive text messages.....I get the following message " message will be sent when the network is available or over WIFI if you are subscribed for integrated messaging.  Here is the twist, when I am not on this network, I am on any other WIFI network I can text without an issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messaging issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AtlantaCuban,

Thanks for all those additional details. It is certainly appreciate in order to make sure you receive the correct answers. With the standard messaging application you would most certainly need a cellular connection for the message to be sent. However, with our Message+ application you would be able to subscribe to the Integrated Messaging application which allows you to view and respond to messages online via your My Verizon account. Take a look here to find out more  http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Anr� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

At home, do you have the cellular data connection turned off? Are you using the VZW Messages+ application for your text message needs? If not, which application are you using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AtlantaCuban

Ann154,

thanks for the reply.  My cellular data connection is turned on.  I am not using VZW Messages+ nor Hangouts, I am using Messages .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here form us as well AtlantaCuban. We want you to enjoy all forms of messaging options on your device. May I ask did you have this issue before you have this issu before you changed your internet wifi network? What software version do you have installed on your Galaxy Note 4? Are you able to make/receive calls without any issueS?

ArnettHtH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AtlantaCuban

Hi,

my texting issue is specific only to texting while in my new WIFI network, everything else works fine ( emails and web browsing).  I do not have cell service at this home because it is out in the country. 

When I leave the house and go to work or any other WIFI network I can text, email and surf the web.  My phone works like it always has , everything works normally.  Texting in this new WIFI network is the only thing that confuses me because it does not work.

0 Likes
AtlantaCuban

BTW, my phone software is totally up to date.

0 Likes
AtlantaCuban

well I have to apologize, I was talking out of turn.  I just turned airplane mode on and connected to my work WIFI and was not able to text.  So my question now is " are you suppose to be able to send and receive text messages without having a cell signal by just connecting to a WIFI network?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AtlantaCuban,

Thanks for all those additional details. It is certainly appreciate in order to make sure you receive the correct answers. With the standard messaging application you would most certainly need a cellular connection for the message to be sent. However, with our Message+ application you would be able to subscribe to the Integrated Messaging application which allows you to view and respond to messages online via your My Verizon account. Take a look here to find out more  http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Anr� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AtlantaCuban

Ok great, I have switched over to Message+.  My problem now is that I am getting notifications from text conversations from many days, weeks and months ago.  I cannot clear them without them coming back as a new message?  I do not want to delete them but I do want to clear them as active conversations?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that you are able to use the application. Where exactly are these notifications being received, on the phone or through your PC? After you open and read the message does it not mark the message as read?

VZWG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes