Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text messages fail to send or receive with Network Extender
profhm

My wife and I both got the Galaxy Note 4 along with a Samsung 3G Network Extender. We were having trouble sending and receiving texts at home but whenever we are outside the house with good reception we have no problem texting.

I figured out that whenever I turn on Wifi at home I have trouble with the texts, so I tried turning it off and it seems to work a lot better. Still pretty slow compared to when I'm outside somewhere with a LTE connection, but at least I don't get the "can't send" error or other people don't receive it. Also takes forever to get MMS messages.

Now I feel like this may be an issue with the Network Extender as this issue only occurs in my home. Wondering what I can do to get the texts to work properly. No issues with voice calls at all, so the network extender is doing its job as far as voice calls are concerned.

This occurs with all texting apps. I initially used the default Messenger app, and thinking it was an app issue, tried about 3 different ones and they're all the same. Currently my wife is using google messenger and I'm using Hangouts for SMS.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages fail to send or receive with Network Extender
myustbedumb_

Same issue takes 10 mins to send a pic and sometimes longer. Could take 5 mins just for a reg text no pic, but also find e when not on wifi, hate turning off wifi in fear of forgetting to turn back on! Makes me hate this phone....previously an apple user, always received sent mess instantly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to see those picture messages flying again! Does the wireless signal appear strong when attempting the message? What Messaging app are you using myustbedumb? Are you also using a Network Extender?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Dddfresh21

Notice how Verizon representatives have zero answers for this? They're fully aware they are scamming the consumer

0 Likes