Text messages not working
Rmw0875

TTaking over 30 min to receive text messages and send them, tried a factory reset no help

0 Likes
Re: Text messages not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rmw0875,

That is definitely taking too long to send and receive text messages. When did this problem first start? Does this happen to every number you send to, or just specific numbers? Where is this happening the most? Is this happening on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
SerfNuts

I'm having a similar problem. I'm not recieving texts when they are sent, it sometimes takes hours to get some. It's intermittent, texts work fine most of the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SerfNuts lets get that text moving again! Are you always in the same place when this happens? Is it the same time or person each time this happens? Are you using the text app that came with the phone or one from the play store?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rmw0875

It happens at various times of the day in different areas. Sometimes it is a group text other times just one person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rmw0875-
We want your messages to flow! It is imperative we gather more information to find a prompt solution. When did this issue start? What type of phone and has it been updated to a new software before issue started? Are you using a third party app or is it the regular SMS that came with the phone? Has there been any recent change with your device as far as activation goes and are you seeing an error message?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rmw0875

I have a galaxy note 3 and have used the stock sms program and Verizon messenger app as well. I was running old kit Kat android and have tried upgrading to lollipop to no avail. I did a factory reset as well. It has been an issue for 3 months. Happens mainly in group texts but now single person ones as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks so much for the additional information Rmw0875! Just for clarification, did your phone actually complete the update to Lollipop or was the device not able to complete the software update? Are you having issues with both SMS and MMS?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rmw0875

Yes it completed the update. I have issues with both but more group text than anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rmw0875,

I want to make sure you can always rely on your text messages.  We appreciate all the troubleshooitng you have completed. Typically after a factory reset the device should restore back to normal working order.  When you completed the reset, how soon after did you have the issue again?  Do you get any error messages when this occurs?

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes