Text messaging apps
RL_N_ANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does my phone keep asking which text message app i want to use? I have my default set to message+.  And how can I stop this from happening?

0 Likes
Re: Text messaging apps
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did this start after an update?

After you checked all your settings did you restart the phone?

Do you have any other messaging apps on your phone?

If you only have what came with the phone you may want to disable the other app.

0 Likes
RL_N_ANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I did all of that

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RL_N_ANGEL, let's figure out what's causing this message to pop up when you text! Do you have any other text message app installed on your device? When you see this message pop up, does it give the option of "just this once" and "always"? This can set it to automatically choose Verizon Messages+ each time you text, rather than just for that specific message. 

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RL_N_ANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started after update even though the other preload messaging app is disabled. And default is set to message+. I have restarted several times

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information, RL_N_ANGEL. What make/model phone do you have? Do you get the same message if you put your device into safe mode? 

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RL_N_ANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Note 8. Dont know how to put in safe mode.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Safe Mode, Reset Settings, and Cache Wipe - Samsung Community - 173839

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

disable the yellow messaging app!!!

0 Likes
RL_N_ANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did that