Texting Issues
Jessyka3044

Hello-  I have only ever had Iphones, yesterday I switched to a galaxy note 3.  My problem is, now everyone that has an iphone cant send me a message.  They are still going as Imessages and I am unable to recieve them.  I saw post where you have to go de-activate your phone on the apple site, but when I went onto the apple site, my phone wasnt showing.  All my other apple products show, but not my Iphone 5.  I really want to love this note 3 but am having a hard time becuase I am not getting text, and I think people are getting annoyed with me becuase they are sending text and I am not getting them.  PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Texting Issues
rcschnoor
Legend

Try going to your Apple support profile and deleting your iPhone from your list of devices. This may solve your problem since I assume you no longer have the iPhone.

0 Likes
Texting Issues
Jessyka3044

When I go to the support page, my device is not showing.  I had an iphone 5, the only devices showing are my ipad and my husbands iphone4s.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If your husbands iPhone 4S is associated with that Apple ID, then you could try removing it. Does your husband normally receive iMessages sent to you? Did you both have the same Apple ID for the 2 different phones? Normally, each iPhone will have its own Apple ID or else iMessages will get sent to both phones.Smiley Happy

Do you have your iPad set up to use iMessage? That may be causing a problem, too. You could try turning off iMessage on the iPad if it is receiving the texts sent from iPhones to you.

0 Likes
Jessyka3044

Yes, my husband does use the same apple ID...that makes sense.  If I remove his, he shouldnt have an issue when I do that.  Should I register his phone with his own Id?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you set up his phone with a different Apple ID, you would then have to pay again for any apps he may have paid for already under the old Apple ID.

Not sure if you can have apps from 2 different Apple IDs on an iPhone but you may be able to do so. I know you can have apps from multiple Apple IDs on an iPad, but it makes it a pain to upgrade the apps having to remember 2 different passwords.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jessyka3044, thanks for these details. I have a solution to solution to this text messaging issue. I recommend that you advise your friends to delete your information in their contact and compose your mobile number as a new contact. It's important that your mobile number is saved as a ten digit mobile number. For example: 847-555-5555. If there is a 1 saved in your iPhone friend's contacts for you, then this will effect sending of text messages to your line. For example 1-847-555-5555 will cause issues when sending text messages to your line. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
marine805
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue.. I called Apple and they said my phone is not in their system no more.. Done a hard reset nothing. Contacts are entered without the 1. Friends deleted the thread started a new one still nothing. If this continues Im ditching this phone.90% of my friends have iphones..

bkuscsik

What really bothers me about this issue is that clearly Verizon knows about it and nothing was said to me last week when I purchased the new Note 3 for my wife.  Like many of you she came from a iPhone and now can't receive texts from selective other iPhones.  My kids, as well as myself retain our iPhones, and we can exchange individual texts, but not a single text that contains multiple recipients. 

After 3 different calls to support, all met with different anecdotal solutions, none of which have solved anything I bothered to look in the forums last night and see pages and pages of people with the same problem.  I chose to upgrade my line for this new phone, and have since cascaded her old phone down to one of my kids.  While I'm within the 14 day return. For the phone, now I'm forced to purchase a new device no matter what?  Needless to say I'm pissed about the whole thing. 

Never mind the real problem which is our multiple friends, acquaintances, and other business opportunities who continue to call and say "why won't you reply to my text", or "you must not want my business".  Oh yea, selfishly it's me that has to sort all this BS out because what kind of husband would I be to give her a new phone, that's broken, out of the box, and tell her go fix it.  Verizon gets a failing grade on this deal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marine805, thanks for trying. We don't want you to give up yet. Did you make sure that iMessaging is enabled on your device in Settings>Messages>tap iMessage to enable ON? We also recommend that you reset the network on your device in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Test the iMessaging feature again and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes