Texting a picture on Note 8
Mjr228
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since moving to a BYOD Samsung Note 8 and changing my plan to an unlimited plan, texting a picture to my wife, friends, or even in a group chat seems to take 3-5 minutes before it's actually sent. Thoughts on the issue and a resolution?  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Texting a picture on Note 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure your messages are going through with more haste than this. Just to confirm, are you using the default messaging application, or Verizon Messages? If just one, can you test to ensure the issue does not occur on both?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mjr228
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Support.. thanks for the reply. My primary texting application is the Verizon Messages App.  I've also tried the stock messages app that came with the phone.  The issue occurs with both applications.  Thanks.

bearone21
Legend

sending a big pic or pics over the net isn't that fast.

at best 5-12mbps!!

0 Likes
Mjr228
Enthusiast - Level 2

@bearone21... Fair enough, however - for example - this past Sunday I texted a 3.0 MB picture.  A MB (Megabyte) is 8 times the size of a Mb (megabit), so a 3MB file equates to 24Mb.  Verizon states their 4G service upload speed is between 2 and 5 Mbps (megabits per second)... using the slower number of 2 Mbps, it should take at maximum 12 seconds (24 Mb divided by 2 Mbps).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mjr228, I understand the importance of getting this working as we know it should. Are your data service impacted as well (internet/streaming services) or only Picture Messaging? What is the zip code of where you are located? Anyone else in your location experiencing the same problem?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
0 Likes
Mjr228
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can close this out.  Whatever the issue was, it appears to have resolved itself.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

maybe a tower was down or your location relative to the towers or moving!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Mjr228! We are glad to learn it was resolved. Please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

Maria_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes