The Note 4 slows down the wifi when connected, constant data transfer.
Gahwrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Note 4 locks up our wifi with excessive data traffic, our S5 phones do not do this. What should we look at in settings, apps, etc to fix this. It cannot be connected to wifi in its current state!

0 Likes
Re: The Note 4 slows down the wifi when connected, constant data transfer.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WiFi is a great resource and I want to be sure that you can use yours successfully with your Note 4, Gahwrv. What kind of router are you connecting to? When connected to WiFi are you unable to use data at all or is the connection slow? If you go to Settings>WiFi>Select Menu icon>Advanced is Smart Network switch enabled? If so, please try disabling it and testing your connection.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gahwrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

When this phone is connected the whole WiFi is so slow it doesn't work. It is a link sys ea6900 router. I did check the setting you suggested and it was  off. Maybe a bad router, but why just with the Note 4?

0 Likes
Gahwrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also did a factory reset of the  router with no change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for doing that for us. By chance, have you tried alternate WiFi sources to see how the device works?

TamaraH_VZW

Gahwrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

It did work on another WiFi by itself. Still not sure why the other phones do not  affect the WiFi like this one unless lynksis does not like the notend 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh good! Good to know it works well with another WiFi. There has to be something with that particular phone and WiFi that is not working. It is not as uncommon as you would think. Have you checked to make sure the router software is current? What make/model are you using. I may be able to forward your info to the software team for testing.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Gahwrv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just talked with a Samsung rep at Best buy and    he said the phone may be making the Lynksis  AC EA6900 router switch to the new AC band which would not work with most devices. He said to reset the router so it can't do that. He checked the phone and it was ok. If that does not work,  then get a new router but not the AC one. Just the N type. If you have other suggestions for me that would be great.

0 Likes