The easy obvious fair solution for Note 7 buyouts
CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is this becoming so hard.  There are many post by many Note 7 buyers in the same boat, forced into a contract on a phone they did not want.  If you bought outright your Note 7 replacement you will get $425 for your trade in.  Since many/most of us did the 24 month plan for the Note 7 replacement we still owe 13 or 14 months of the 24.  Since we already/only paid 10 or 11 of the 24 payments, take the phone back, cancel the contract and apply 10/24 ($177) or 11/24 ($195) of the $425 towards my new Note 8.

That includes all Note 7 Buyers in the trade in deal and equitably provides a credit we deserve.  Anything less and you might as well just switch to T Mobile.  You will be out of your contract, can get any phone you want and your monthly bill will be lower....uh, this option actually sounds better.

Re: The easy obvious fair solution for Note 7 buyouts
JASVIA77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking about switching to T-Mobile myself if Verizon doesn't make this right.

I had a gs6 edge that I paid $300 to upgrade early to the note 7.  Then has that note 7 recall twice and forced to downgrade to the gs7 edge, only closest thing to the note 7.  I already paid $300 to upgrade early to get into the note line.  I didn't want the edge again.  If I wanted the edge I would of never upgraded in the 1st place and just keep my gs6 edge.  Now they want me to pay over $400 to upgrade early again?   Looking elsewhere unless Verizon makes this right.  I'm not paying and upgrade twice just to get into the note series.  I already payed my upgrade once.

Verizon, do what's right to the consumer.  Replace our phones with the Note series.  All these phones were at the time were called "loaners".

TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, my S7 edge was not my choice, I was forced into it due to having to return two Note 7's. All I want is to have the "promotion" applied first to the balance due on my S7. If Verizon will not, T-Mobile will, so Verizon, if you are listening, you have about two weeks to decide weather customer retention is a priority to you.

tropikbreze
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the run around with local Verizon store for both recalls and settling for the Edge, I found out today that my plan to upgrade every 12 months was no longer. Wonder how that happened without my knowledge? So I either pay the $495 (which I don't have laying around) for the balance on the Edge or keep a phone I didn't want to begin with for 14 more months. Who is making out here?! I am really disgusted with Verizon- I have been with this company for almost 20?years-whenever 360 was started. I have always recommended Verizon to all I know- now I am shopping for a new carrier. Verizon better wake up and stand up for it's customers and do the right thing to make this fair and right. Maybe it's time to take my 3 lines elsewhere.

JASVIA77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I remember that upgrade contract with the note 7 too.  The contract with the note 7 said we'd be able to upgrade after 50% of the note 7 was paid off.  

This is the easiest answer for all this.  Verizon should rewrite all congrats to include that 50% upgrade with whatever phone we had to switch too.  The majority of us consumers would be ok with that.  We just don't want to pay off the phone we were forced into just to pay for another phone that we wanted in the 1st place.

JASVIA77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talked to an executive today.  They gonna issue me a buyout of what I owe on my phone still so I can upgrade to the note 8. 

Verizon just saved a customer.   Thanks Verizon for doing the fair and just thing.

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

JASVIA77 - Can you explain who you talked with and the details?  That is better than what has been previously posted (Basically you have pay 75% of the phone down) to get out.  Are you paying full price for the Note after the buyout or getting the $480?

Thanks

JASVIA77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talked to a David.  Basically they taking my $462 balance off my account, that i owe still on the phone i had to downgrade to, so I can get an upgrade through Verizon online.  At that point I'll be signing up for a 24 month full price for a note 8 which is fine, no promotion deal and I agree that was fair.  When I get the note 8, I have to send my gs7 edge to them. 

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I wish there was a fair solution to this problem. If you just go into this thread of Note 7 and see all the horror stories in here where some had no problem at all yet others lost time from work and everything else just to get this recall taken care of. What ever the out come is I just hope that Verizon & Samsung took notes on how to handle this in case there is another problem with their phones. The main thing to remember is to get it in writing what ever the deal you make with them is and read the fine print. They do have a chance to make this right just hope that they do 

0 Likes
HIELE58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called in and was not offered the same resolution. Are they only doing this for you because you paid for early upgrade for your s6? Or should it not be the same for all the Note 7 users?

I'm just wondering on what I should ask for, because it doesn't seem like the reps know where to look to reference this option as a resolution.