The last of us.
GabrielRayven
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here we are. Approximately two weeks before the end of the year and confirmation hits that AT&T is rolling out 4.3 to their Note 2 customers while "the best" hasn't even given an idea of when (or even if) we will get it. Not only has the customer service been EXTREMELY upsetting at the lack of any kind of communication, but as a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for almost 10 years I feel completely disappointed to continue to send my very hard earned money to a company that doesn't have the decency to address the comments and concerns of the very people that bring it profit and business. Don't get me wrong, my phone works fine, and I still love it, but the ENTIRE reason I spent $300 on the Gear was that the Note 2 showed as compatible at Best Buy. It isn't though is it? And any discussion of alternate methods of getting 4.3 on the forums is met with a strict moderation team that won't take the time to answer our questions but is all too willing to take the time to moderate and remove posts.

Here's an idea: maybe help us instead of making Verizon look any more one sided than it already does. Maybe at the very least point us in the right direction to find information ourselves. It is clear Verizon did a splash test of 4.3, because if they didn't then hackers would not have made it available already (which is extremely sad that unpaid hackers work faster than a multi billion dollar company.

I know it won't get us anywhere, but I am filing a report with the BBB about the poor customer service from Verizon as well as the lack of clarity when it came to compatibility with the Gear. This lack of transparency borderlines on false advertising.

For Verizon to even think it is the best is appalling and sad. You are the last to roll out an update; behind US Cellular, Sprint, AT&T, and even hackers. This blinding speed we are seeing has made me decide to not pursue my business lines with Verizon, nor shall my home be getting FiOS for Christmas as originally planned. At the end of my contract date I will not be renewing my contract. I have had it with the disservice and lies from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: The last of us.
Not applicable

A) Please stop with the "loyalty" stuff. It doesn't make any kind of difference I how anyone is going to respond to your post. You say you're "loyal" as it's something special. we guess what most people with a complaint say they are loyal. So being loyal isn't so special is it? Besides being loyal is kind of dumb. You should be with a company because they provide with the best service for a price you find reasonable. That's it.

B) The SIII just got the 4.3 update today so I'm sure the Note 2 is getting it soon.

C) filing BBB complaint is pointless. You don't have a case. Not getting an OS update when you want it or at all is not a valid complaint. You'd just be wasting a lot of people's valuable time. And even if it was valid filing a complaint would not get you an update any faster.

Heck I have a Lucid that still is on 4.04 ICS. You don't see me complaining. And I KNOW it can run Jelly Bean but the pre-paid version of the Lucid version does.

0 Likes
cox1465
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont understand what you are upset about. Verizon is smarter than the other companies in my opinion. Being the first to get an update is not all its hyped up to be, Just about all updates have alot of gliches and problems that need to be taken care at the beginning of the release. Apple's IOS7 update caused the entire system to be temporarily shut down and most users couild not even use their phones for hours, not counting the amount of devices that crashed after the update and had to be replaced completely or stuck updating for hours. Be patient so that you get the best out of the update without "overwhelming" the system trying to update at the same time as everybody else. Me personally I dont like being a guinea pig anyway, I want the final revised version

0 Likes
RayIriz

Well for starters all carriers got the 4.3 updates in july 2013,  they (Samsung) released the SIII recently with the current Vs of android. it's a new fone like the Note 3,  thing is if they would simply release the 4.3 to the note 2, it is very capable of doing the same thing as the note 3 without having to buy a new fone  to use with the Gear.   ohhh and Android has now released the 4.4  and the 5.0 will be out end of Jan to early Feb.  the issue is everyone else has been updated yet Verizon is way way behind.  I for one am willing to pay verizon's higher price  BUT I expect to have the latest technology available to me in a timelt manner so for a multi billion dollar company to lag 6 month in releasing a simple update is a good question

As for you not needing or wanting an update for your phone thats your business you might not be into new things or technology  but some of us do and we do pay for the services thus we have every right to make issue.  these updates are given to the carriers well in advance of a new phone or gadgets (at least 6 months prior) are designed by the Manufacturers to make the fones work better and add some new programs.  i do agree the only way to make a real impact is to go to a carrier that does meet our needs and demands I for one am doing so and i would gladly pay the early disconnect fee to get what i want..

0 Likes