This free replacement is costing me almost $100?
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sitting here following your directions to get my phone replaced.

Am I understanding this correctly that I'm being charged an upgrade fee, plus taxes, on a replacement phone?  This seems rather absurd, since I already paid a significant amount of money to upgrade to the Note 7 in the first place when I paid off the remaining balance on my Note 5, plus I paid taxes on the Note 7, in addition to the GearVR, a watch I won't even get until December, a case, and extra chargers (and a drone, but that's not really affected by this, I suppose).

You're expecting me to drop another $100 on fees and taxes on a replacement after all that?

Re: This free replacement is costing me almost $100?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We would be happy to address your concerns. Are you able to send us a Private Message regarding this concern? KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  kleol_vzw

0 Likes
mehaffb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  They are making us pay the tax and upgrade fee and refunding it later.  I spoke to three reps yesterday and also tried in a corporate store.  I can't afford that.  I am stuck with a dangerous phone until they figure this out.   I love my N7 but this experience has been awful. 

Deedalou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the store an hour away to exchange my phone after speaking with a customer service agent who told me I could. I was turned away. 2 hours waste of my time and gas. I also went to upgrade and was going to be charged right at 100.00 to exchange this phone. This is a big problem. This is not right to customer's that already forked out money for these note 7's. We should receive the credit upon ordering the new phone that would offset this bill. No upgrade fee should be charged period!

Pipeweld
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a total ripoff that Verizon is doing! I exchanged to the replacement Note 7 after paying for a months service and phone charge, get the new one and they start your payments back from square one!!! Why was I not credited my first payment??? I am sure you are planning on starting another replacement  at first payments too!!! I see a class action in your future! By the way I had purchased two phones and both were done the same! $72.00 so far thrown away plus accessories!!!!

DennosHall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so mad right now ! They won't send me a new phone without paying the taxes on it and I have a virtual time bomb in my hand ! Does Verizon think everyone is rich ? I live in the country work 6 days a week I don't have time to drive to the Verizon store again ! And I will not just keep shelling out money to them ! This is not my fault ! I have been with Verizon for 10 years and i think that this maybe the last year !

DennosHall
Enthusiast - Level 1

They blame the FCC about the taxes ! Well I am blaming you Verizon this has been such a huge hassle and I am totally fed up with you !

lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am to pay $172 to replace 2 phones that have been discontinued.  Keep in mind I had to pay the taxes on these two as well as the replacements. I couldn't even get the money properly refunded, the rep gave up and credited it to my bill.  Verizon, you can't actually be serious right now.  These are not upgrades, so why are we being charged an upgrade fee.  And I know someone will say just go to the store, but when me and my wife went to the store today, we were told that the only way to get replacement phones from now on is online, as they would not have the stock to handle replacements. He did proceeded to give me the same information that was texted to me yesterday.  So, I guess for the time being I am stuck with these two phones.

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry for this experience, mehaffb. We have automatically canceled device agreements for the Note 7 and you'll receive a bill credit for any payments you have made toward your installment. Additionally, you no longer have to reach out to the store, as you can complete the exchange online. Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes