Re: This free replacement is costing me almost $100?
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like they need to do their job and handle the problem using the method I was told to use.  Had anyone from Verizon said, "Hey, we'd rather deal with this on the phone.", I'd be happy to do so.

Note7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok that's interesting.  I had not heard of Project Fi before.  Thanks for the info. I have been on the fence about going with the S7 Edge or the Pixel.  I was thinking the Edge because it is so similar to the Note that I wouldn't have to learn a new phone.  However, the longer this goes on the less I want to buy another Samsung product.

0 Likes
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Several of my friends us Project Fi and they are raving about it on Facebook when I asked.  I'm doing more research, but it is sounding like a very viable option.  It seems to swap you to the best carrier (or wifi) depending on your current location.

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

DrBubba72,

We certainly don’t want to see you go. I understand your concern regarding the phone and applications that come on it. The Pixel does come with a few pre-installed applications but are fully removable. You can check out the phone prior to purchase at any of our direct store locations. To find a store nearest you visit http://vz.to/2cFppxY.

0 Likes
Note7
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's almost like some of these Verizon responses don't pass the Turing test. 

The discussion on the Pixel is secondary.  His issue (and mine) is that we should get the money back that we paid for the Note 7 from Verizon before we get a new phone from Verizon. 

I've looked into your suggestion Dr Bubba.  I think I might just go with it tomorrow.  I thought with all the backlash this would have been fixed by now.  Apparently not. 

Good luck on whatever you decide.  I'm out.