Touch sensitivity on note8
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I got this phone in Oct I have had issues with it. Facebook app being used I had to type a long reply that would take 5 minutes for my LG G5 took 45 minutes with this phone. I would be typing and all of a sudden it would stop and type very slow then stop again. Sometimes even the keyboard would disappear.  Now it has been doing it with text messages.  Something that should only take a minute or 2 now can take 5 minutes or more. It is like I am using all the processing power and it can not keep up or it doesn't sense the touching of the screen. 

This is with or without the zagg glass protector that was put on end of Dec. I have went through all the settings possible and still has not improved.

I am sure others have the same issue. Has anyone else reached out to Samsung?

0 Likes
Re: Touch sensitivity on note8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time is valuable, and I am sure you'd like to spend it on better things than waiting for your phone to catch up to your typing, au5599. Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, do you find yourself having trouble with sections of the touchscreen when you're not using the keyboard on the screen? When the slowness occurs, are you able to close your open applications https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214275/ or reboot your phone and see an improvement? 

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometimes yes it has issues with trying to X out some Windows or email notifications.  But this whole texting issue is more of a concern. It is not the screen protector since I just recently put it on. This issue has been since new. I also restarted in safe mode to see if an app was the issue and it still ended up lagging. There is no adjustment for sensitivity.

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, yes I constantly close the apps out and I even restart the phone. Using 29gb out of 64gb and have a 64gb card in it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying these details for us, au5599. Out of Curiosity, are you using the SD card primarily for media, or are you storing some applications in the SD card itself? This can make a big difference as not all SD cards are built the same when it comes to read and write speed. This can potentially be the cause as the card itself will then slow down that process as it is attempting to write data onto the card, or seek the data that is needed. The memory inside your phone that is used as internal storage is extremely fast. Keep us posted. Thank you.

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Memory card is the same one I used for my LG G5 with no such issue. It is mostly for pictures and downloaded pdf files.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information! Is your device currently up to date on its software? Have you preformed a Device Health in your My Verizon app and received any results with yellow or red exclamation points? Also, have you tried clearing the cache of the applications you are using?

KatieM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just followed what Samsung suggested and that was to reset the phone.  Completely wiped it out. Still same issues. Only things currently enabled is email, text messaging, Facebook/messager and that's about it.

This is very highly annoying when it doesn't recognize the touches or starts to slow up when typing messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Au5599,

Thanks for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue. I can certainly understand your frustration after completing a factory reset and the device is still experiencing the issue. Let's get this fixed. Just to confirm, the issue is primarily only happening while in the messages application or does the screen experience the same issues in all applications? Are you using the standard messaging application or a 3rd party downloaded messages application? Does the screen only freeze when typing the message using the keyboard or does the screen freeze while viewing a message as well? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes