Traveling with a Note 7, how do I get my phone home?
Whats_Up

I am currently in Disney World with my Note7.  While here they banned the phone from any air travel.  How do I get my phone home?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling with a Note 7
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

Whats_Up,

I hope that other than this you're having an exciting trip. That sounds like a lot of fun. Flying with the phone isn't an option at this point so we would recommend if possible stopping into a local Verizon store and returning the phone to them. It can then be noted into the system to make sure you get a full refund as part of the recall.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
srisque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that's a good one.... of course samsung will cover all fireproof ground shipping.... NOT

Actually I have not heard of any restriction on  ground shipping ....

Post office?

sucks....

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

Whats_Up,

I hope that other than this you're having an exciting trip. That sounds like a lot of fun. Flying with the phone isn't an option at this point so we would recommend if possible stopping into a local Verizon store and returning the phone to them. It can then be noted into the system to make sure you get a full refund as part of the recall.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I would just go to a local Verizon corporate store and explain your situation. If you take it to the airport it will be confiscated. If you put it in your luggage and it is found, you can get fines and jail.

I am not sure any ground shipping company wants the phone if it is not in special fireproof packaging they are sending out. Don't even try any method that goes by air.

How long is the drive home?

0 Likes
Mbryant

My wife and I are in London when this all went down so we don't know what the hell to do with our phones. Ship them home before we leave and hope they make it? There's no Verizon here to take them to for an exchange. I guess we'll have to call them and see what they say.

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mbryant, We hope that you're enjoying your time in London aside from the issue with the Note 7 recall. It's important that we provide accurate information on how to handle your Note 7. Since the devices are not allowed on airplanes at all, you must power them off and discard of them. We will have to place your phone on the lost/stolen list. Then, you'll have to provide proof that you were outside of the U.S. to avoid being billed for not returning the device. We'll be able to assist you with upgrading upon your return. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Take a look here for some of the latest discussion

Latest on Note 7 Recall from Verizon CS Rep: Refund/Credit Changes

0 Likes