UPGRADE OPTIONS
MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since Verizon has not been helpful in the resolution of our upgrade woes and continue to blame Samsung for their poor customer service I called Samsung myself. I feel it is unjust that we should be forced to downgrade to a phone that we do not want and lose our upgrade option for 2 years. Verizon is blaming this on Samsung so I asked them to help. The rep said they would contact Verizon and follow up with me so we shall see if anything changes. I encourage everyone to PLEASE CALL SAMSUNG and complain about Verizon's upgrade loss. Let's fight because this isn't right. Bypass that prerecorded Note 7 message. Ask for customer service for device tech support and you will get live representative.

Re: UPGRADE OPTIONS
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Your concerns and safety are our top priority.  We want to take ownership of your device options and help you make an informed decision. We are encouraging customers to return their Note 7 but this is not a recall. Therefore, you can keep the current Note 7. Although it is not recommended, we don't want you to feel like you're powerless in this decision. Please let us know what questions you have about this process,

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

0 Likes
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I beg to differ. It is a recall according to the CPSC...
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Samsung-Expands-Recall-of-Galaxy-Note7-Smartphones-Based-on-Additi...

Samsung Expands Recall of Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Based on Additional Incidents with Replacement Ph...

Date:

Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:00

Recall Number:

17-011

Introduction:

The lithium-ion battery in the Galaxy Note7 smartphones can overheat and catch fire, posing serious fire and burn hazard to consumers.

Name of product:

Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones

Hazard Description:

The lithium-ion battery in the Galaxy Note7 smartphones can overheat and catch fire, posing serious fire and burn hazard to consumers.

Remedy Options:

Refund

Replace

Consumer Contact:

Contact your wireless carrier, place of purchase or Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197 anytime, or go online at http://www.samsung.com

Units:

About 1.9 million (This includes the 1 million Galaxy Note7s recalled on September 15, 2016 )

Recall Description Label:

Description

Recall Description:

This recall involves all Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones. The recalled devices have a 5.7 inch screen and were sold in the following colors: black onyx, blue coral, gold platinum and silver titanium with a matching stylus. Samsung is printed on the top front of the phone and Galaxy Note7 is printed on the back of the phone. This recall involves all Galaxy Note7 devices received as replacements as part of the previous Galaxy Note7 recall on September 15, 2016 and any Galaxy Note 7 with a green battery icon, regardless of date purchased or IMEI.

Incidents:

Samsung has received 96 reports of batteries in Note7 phones overheating in the U.S., including 23 new reports since the September 15 recall announcement. Samsung has received 13 reports of burns and 47 reports of property damage associated with Note7 phones.

Remedy:

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down all Galaxy Note7 devices, including Note7 devices received as replacements in the previous recall.

Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive a refund or free exchange for a new replacement device plus incentives. Consumers who purchased their phones from other sources should contact Samsung directly to receive a free remedy. Go to http://www.samsung.com and http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/ for more details.

Sold At Label:

Sold At

Sold At:

Wireless carriers and electronic stores nationwide, including AT&T, Best Buy, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon stores, online at www.samsung.com and other websites and on third party websites from August 2016 through October 2016 for between $850 and $890.

Manufacturers:

Samsung Electronics America Inc., of Ridgefield Park, N.J.

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a recall and Verizon has not been helpful. I do not need to tell you my concerns again as they are out lined above.

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks you are exactly right and Verizon needs to stop saying this is voluntary. I already called and ordered my son s7 edge...will be delivered Tues... I chose the LG v10 which won't be here until Friday the 21st.

They seem to be saying they are doing is a "favor" by re setting our upgrade status!

0 Likes
OTTBgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed!! I had trouble just trying to get the "new" note 7. Now all are being recalled. There is no phone on the market that i want right now. I returnes my Turbo to get the note so I dont have an extra phone to use. And i dont want to get into a contract/monthly payment plan with a phone that i dont even want, since im forced to get rid of my note.

madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

1.  CPSC revised it's RECALL  statement today to include release 2 version of the note

2.  Verizon has updated this policy to call ALL version Note 7s as recalled units:

Annual Upgrade Program for Samsung Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless

3.  Check your IMEI number on the Samsung recall site .. version 2 Notes 7s are now impacted

No longer a voluntry program

pmbsmh1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct this is not a RECALL. It has been declared BANNED! Not sure how you work for Verizon providing incorrect information.