Unable to Receive Calls or Texts From AT&T Wireless Users
MainEacK

I'm using a Samsung Note 10 and have been with Verizon since 2003. Recently, some of my friends are telling me they receive a message that I'm not accepting calls at the moment when they try to call me. I'm also not receiving their texts. I am able to call them and send them texts, which they receive. I don't receive their response. We have been friends for many years. They have always been with AT&T. I'm looking for a solution to this problem. Their numbers are not in my blocked list. I believe I've checked all filtering & blocking possibilities. And, I've restarted my cell several times. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Receive Calls or Texts From AT&T Wireless Users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MainEacK! 

Thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate your loyalty, and want to help ensure your phone is working as expected. We would love to check into your account settings and features and ensure it looks right. Please feel free to send us a Private Note here, or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. 

*Celeste

0 Likes
MainEacK

Still no fix for this issue? Update - I was able to receive an MMS group text from one of my AT&T friends, but still not able to receive a regular SMS text from them. I'm still unable to receive phone calls from them. They receive a message that says I'm not taking calls right now. I do not have these folks blocked, airplane mode on, or do not disturb selected. I've deleted a couple of these contacts then entered them back in. No change. This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find a lasting solution. What messaging application do you happen to use? Also, do you use the native phone application for your device? 

-Chris

0 Likes
MainEacK

Replaced the SIM card with one sent from Verizon tech support and it didn't change anything. I performed a factory reset and that did not change anything. What's confusing is my wife's phone, on the same account, works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MainEacK, we want to make sure your device is working correctly. Allow us the opportunity to further review. We appreciate the steps you have already taken. Can you please let us know which text message application you are using? Also, may we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location to review your area? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
MainEacK

I'm still not receiving text or calls from my contacts using AT&T wireless. The weird thing is the other phone attached to this account receives text and calls from AT&T wireless contacts without problem. Also, I'm able to receive group text (MMS) sent from my AT&T wireless contact, but not SMS text.

I'm using the Verizon app Message+, but it doesn't matter because I've tried them all. None of them work with AT&T wireless contacts. I'm in Arlington Texas, 76001. Again, it doesn't matter where I am. I was in Tyler Texas last week it wasn't working there either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, MainEacK. We understand this is important for you and we want to look into this further. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together.

-Gerson

0 Likes
MainEacK

Update - So, new sim card, factory reset, and a new phone did not fix the problem! This makes me believe VERIZON is missing something with my phone number! The other phone on this account does NOT have this problem. I'm still not able to receive calls or texts from AT&T wireless users. BEYOND frustrated at this point. Maybe it's time to find a new wireless carrier who understands how to troubleshoot these problems when they arise. It s*!CKS because I've been with verizon for 19 years and never ever had any issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks you for that update. I know how vital it is to have your phone working properly. Let's take a look at what's going on with your services. In order to do this, I need to access your account. By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6004Kjfdk

*Debbie

0 Likes