Unable to connect to work WiFi after Lollipop update
Lokidoki

I have connected at work fine for weeks but right after the Lollipop update I have been unable to connect. I try to connect, it says "saved". Then tries to connect again, then "saved" again. Then tries again, then saved again. Eventually it just says Authentication Error Occurred.

I can bring my wifes phone to work and connect perfectly fine. Verizon is telling me it might be an incompatibility issue with my updated phone and the router, and to call them for support when I am at work. I fail to see the point in this. I have literally done everything I can think of at work to fix the issue, even going as far as a factory reset, since according to many Google results, that could work. Nothing changed for me.

Anyone else experiencing this and if so, is it fixable? I don't have access to the work WiFi router. Verizon also told me I basically have to wait for Samsung to provide a fix, and some of these Verizon posts asking for help are 6-8 months old LOL.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to work WiFi after Lollipop update
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Take it to the corporate store and let them look at it for you. Usually they will be able to take care of it right there and fix it or replace it with a warranty claim and you will be out no money

0 Likes
tjs1962

good luck with this one. I bought this phone and have had nothing but trouble with it. They sent me another one and it has the same problems. You would think that a phone this costly would be guaranteed to work....but no, they want to run a diagnosis on this, on that and when nothing works, send you a REFURBISHED one. (although I am paying for a brand new one) and when the refurbished one doesn't work any better they want to run a diagnosis on this and that...a you have to spend hours on the phone trying to "fix" the problem. This phone sucks

0 Likes
Lokidoki

Yeah I am not expecting much. No one from Verizon has responded here, through email, and I am not finding any more updates online.

I ended up calling them from work but after being on hold for 15 minutes I was told I'd need to call back on a different phone so they can show me how to factory reset my Note 4. Even though I told them I'd already reset it. So they are clearly as lost on how to fix it as I am.

I have a few hundred left to pay off on this as it is an Edge deal, I think I will pay it off this year and wash my hands of Verizon.

Oh, and it's starting to happen at home too. All yesterday trying to stream twitch at home the Note 4 would constantly drop my home WiFi and make me reconnect.

0 Likes
tjs1962

I have the same problems with connecting to wifi and they told me it could be my router...I asked how it could be my router when I have other devices that use that router and they have no problem staying connected. Then they told me it could be where I lived. I have OTHER wireless devices where I live that have no problem. My brother lives next door and he has no problem. When my brother comes to my house, he has no problem connecting to my wireless router....I don't get it. If all other devices have no problem then the problem must be the phone. I contacted the better business bureau with this complaint. Maybe if there are enough of us to complain something will be done. When I pay a lot of money for a phone I expect it to work as well or better than the cheaper one that I had before and if it doesn't do what I want, I expect to get a refund or another phone that does work. They told me I could pay off the phone and buy a new one....really???  Other places aren't allowed to stick it to you like that, why are they able to?  This phone was 14 days old when I started trying to get help with it....it's three weeks old now. So they want me to pay 700 for this phone and then trade it at a very discounted price and buy another one? I'm scared to buy another one....I could get another piece of garbage! I'm already paying a "new phone price" for a REFURBISHED phone. If I bought merchandise at any other store and found it to be defective after a months use, I could return the item to the store and expect a full refund or replacement....but I can't expect the same guarantee from Verizon for a phone that I paid hundreds for and only had for two weeks? Nothing I did caused the phone to not work. I bought an expensive otter box case to help protect it. I bought the glass screen saver to help protect it. There are no scratches, no dents or outer defects whatsoever on this phone. It is defective on the inside, beyond my control. They sold me defective merchandise and I have no rights?  That's criminal. So I will see what the better business bureau can do, and in the meantime I am telling everyone not to buy this phone. Already successful in stopping two people from buying it. Using social media, bulletin boards at work and word of mouth. Letting everyone know that the phone is bad and Verizon doesn't care if you are a long time customer or a one time customer. There are no rewards or loyalty perks with this company.

0 Likes
Lokidoki

Yeah its kind of alarming that I have this device that costs like $700 and less than 4 months later it's pretty much broken and Verizon's only real response has been "not our problem it's Samsung's problem". Maybe I'll visit the BBB as well.

0 Likes